Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple Care & MacBook

Apple Care & MacBook
Scott F
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2007, 02:51 PM

Stupid me,

My mom bought a Macbook last year, and also bought AppleCare (in the store) with it. She asked me to set it up, and stupid me thought you just had to put the CD in the drive and then it's good to go. Now, a year later, she is looking to get a part of it fixed / may need some fixes and I am not sure if she can get them repaired since I did not properly sync the two together.

Is there anything I can do? Is she now "warranty-less"? She still has the box and all the bits, but it's not synced up. Did she just lose $300?

Help!

Ganesha
Senior User
Aug 7, 2007, 05:34 PM

Do you have the original receipt with both items on it? If so they can check to see if that AppleCare subscription was ever activated. If not, its hard to argue that the AppleCare on the receipt wasn't for the MacBook.

Scott F  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2007, 06:39 PM

I believe I do, but she just moved across Canada, and won't be able to check until everything is moved in (which could be a while)... couldn't they check to see if it was applied to another computer? I might have registered it, but I am not sure as to what email I put it under.

Great!

Forum Links
Forum Rules