Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > FINALLY! Desktop pic from Safari

FINALLY! Desktop pic from Safari
NYK Ace
Senior User
Oct 27, 2007, 11:29 AM

You can FINALLY pull up an image from the web, control click, and set as desktop picture in leopard

i dont know if this was mentioned somewhere before but i just discovered it and needed to post

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2007, 11:47 AM

I'm sure this is a highly requested feature, but it always seemed really dumb to me. Let's clutter up safari's contextual menu for something so unrelated as setting desktop images. It's treating the internet as a big photo repository and the browser as a desktop image viewer. We should also add an eyedropper tool in mail that will let you set any color to the system text select color!

Photo678
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2007, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by DeathMan View Post
I'm sure this is a highly requested feature, but it always seemed really dumb to me. Let's clutter up safari's contextual menu for something so unrelated as setting desktop images. It's treating the internet as a big photo repository and the browser as a desktop image viewer. We should also add an eyedropper tool in mail that will let you set any color to the system text select color!
pluswan

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2007, 02:52 AM

Well, to be fair, for many, the internet IS a big photo repository.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2007, 10:30 AM

NYK Ace, I hadn't yet noticed this feature, but I'm glad it's there. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't consider it as cluttering up Safari's contextual menu. It's a feature -- for better or for worse -- that millions have come to expect and one that I miss when on my Macs.

Saving a picture to a folder, then activating it through System Preferences is way less elegant than a simple right-click.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2007, 11:54 AM

This is a Safari 3 thing, not a Leopard thing, I can do this now with Safari 3 Beta in 10.4.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules