Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iSync butchers contacts w cell phone

iSync butchers contacts w cell phone
PabloTX
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 11:34 PM

I just synced my Motorola v60i to iCal & address book for the first time.

It worked allright, but many names had a space put before them...thus messing up the alphabetic listing. Modifying these on the phone will delete the phone numbers in the OS X address book.

Seems to do this with any contacts that only have a business name listed - no personal contact.

I guess I could try entering the business name in the First & Last fields, but I'd like to keep it consistent across the address book.

Any way to have the business names fall into their appropriate place in the phone's alphabetic listing without jumping through hoops?

Also, when it 'synced' the calendar with the next 8 week's appointments, it decided to go ahead and erase the next weeks in iCal rather than added those events to the 8 blank weeks on the cell phone.

WTF is this thing doing? iSync doesn't appear to have nearly the level of conflict resolution that the Motorola TrueSync software had when I synced to the PC.
( Last edited by PabloTX; Oct 20, 2003 at 11:43 PM. )

PabloTX  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2003, 09:45 AM

?

KidRed
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2003, 10:36 AM

iSync rocks for me with my Nokia 3650.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2003, 02:05 PM

inability to sync business contacts properly (listing them by business name rather than the absent last name) is annoying, (happens on my S56) but I think that it's either a bug you're going to have to live with, or a shortcoming of your (and my) phone that you're going to have to live with....
cpac

PabloTX  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2003, 02:32 PM

Yeah.

Guess I'll just sync once to get the majority of the contacts on there (does a great job with contacts that have a personal contact attached to the business name), but then perform a double-entry on any new contacts.

I wish iSync/address book had the feature (like in Outlook) to "File As". Sure makes things easy.

Thanks.

PabloTX  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2003, 08:55 PM

Found OnSync, which does a much better job syncing contacts.

I highly recommend for anyone experiencing similar problems as I, or unhappy with iSync in general.

Forum Links
Forum Rules