Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Integrating .mac homepage (photo album) into other web site?

Integrating .mac homepage (photo album) into other web site?
PabloTX
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2003, 09:27 PM

I've got my last name registered and hosted (mainly for email purposes, but now I'm getting ready to develop the site a little more).

I really like the ease of use of .mac and was wondering if anyone was (or has any ideas about) using .mac/iPhoto in conjunction with another website.

I assume the easiest way would be to create a link to the photo album to open in a new window (or possibly even frame).

Or perhaps use iPhoto to generate the pages, then edit the HTML to set the pointers to a different directory on the server that's hosting the site.

Any suggestions?

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2003, 09:30 PM

I'd say you're best off going with the frames. It might even be possible to set DNS for your domain to point to your .mac homepage in "cloaked" mode. This would mean that www.yourname.com would show in the URL bar, but it would pull up homepage.mac.com/yourname/. Pretty cool, I'm not sure if Apple can lock you out of that or not. Check with your hosting company (or whoever is handling your DNS).

PabloTX  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2003, 08:56 AM

Well, I'm not too big on frames, so I'd like to avoid those if I can.

Never gave much thought to the DNS redirector. I did use that before I had my site hosted and pointed to my Earthlink page. I suppose that Apple gives enough webspace, though I'm not sure what their bandwidth limits are.

Thanks for the input.

Any other suggestions?

PabloTX  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2003, 10:37 AM

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Forum Links
Forum Rules