Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Future Apple product announcement to feature scores by Rodger and Hammerstein.

Future Apple product announcement to feature scores by Rodger and Hammerstein.
iM@k
Senior User
Dec 12, 2011, 01:40 AM

So I've been looking at the revised plans for Apple Campus 2 and noticed something Interesting.

In the oringal plans submitted, only the outline of the new auditorium was included. In the updated one, it's been revised and fleshed out.

Upon seeing the original, I assumed this would be a larger space similar to the existing one, used to hold product announcements, training sessions, guest speakers ect; ie a large, but relatively simple lecture hall.

However, the new plans show it's being built with far more grandiose uses in mind. It is in fact being built with a full Broadway scale proscenium stage, with a dedicanted access for 3 full size tractor trailers to deliver scenery, props, orchestra instruments, ect.

To put this in perspective, using the info found at shubert org.com and their 20 theaters listed, their average proscenium width is approx. 39' wide, by approx. 26' tall, by approx 31' from proscenium to back wall. The stage proscenium at Apple's new digs will be 45' wide, by 27' tall* by 73' deep.

With that much space to work with, I think future product announcements are going to very interesting.

* Plans only show height from stage for the catwalks, I calculated the top of the proscenium bei g approx 3' below the catwalks.
What, me worry?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 12, 2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by iM@k View Post
However, the new plans show it's being built with far more grandiose uses in mind. It is in fact being built with a full Broadway scale proscenium stage, with a dedicanted access for 3 full size tractor trailers to deliver scenery, props, orchestra instruments, ect.
Or, one for lighting, one for P.A. system, one for guest band backline/piano delivery, or any two of those plus reserve.

Seems tailored to what they've been doing for years now, already.

Forum Links
Forum Rules