Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Warning "bip" sound?

Warning "bip" sound?
tomra
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2006, 05:26 PM

Hi.

Just purchased a new G5 2.3ghz. Seems to work great but there´s one small thing which i noticed...when starting up a DVD movie it makes a slightly noticable "bip" sound when the DVD player application is launched. So far i have not noticed this sound in any other tasks. Anyone know what it means? Anyone else got this sound?

Thanks!

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2006, 05:57 PM

I guess I know what you mean... my DVD drive makes the same sound. Probably some sort of calibration on the DVD medium?

Regards
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

tomra  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2006, 06:45 PM

Thank you for your reply

Been browsing through topics about this at the Apple support/discussion webpage and it seems like a rather "large" slew of PowerMac´s make beeping sounds. Mostly a "beep" every now and then but some seems to be very plagued. Guess i should consider myself lucky because so far i have only encountered it during the DVD startup and i´m not under the impression that this is something Apple considers to be a malfunction unless it´a very bad case. Anyone else can shed some light on this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules