Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > More reasons I hate fat people

More reasons I hate fat people
Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 07:23 PM

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2641821/detail.html

Clearly, this woman does not value her own life so why should the state. Let the cow pass her last few months in some barn somewhere instead and use the money to help fund public schools.

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/he...10obesity.html

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Cubeoid
Baninated
Nov 29, 2003, 07:26 PM

I wana see her panic, and the panic device to be just out of reach.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2003, 07:41 PM

Ignorant, worthless douche of a human being versus the world, take 1245!

ACTION

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 07:51 PM

Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much...
I was wonding why until.

Don't eat the kitty Mindfad!!!!
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Nov 29, 2003 at 08:15 PM. )

dracoleb
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 07:52 PM

if being fat is a disease or genetic then why does it seem that America has the worst problem with it?
"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard"- Bill Gates

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2003, 08:20 PM

What is this? Kindergarten?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much...
I was wonding why until.

Don't eat the kitty Mindfad!!!!
It's funnier the way you had it, see?

CUT

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2003, 08:30 PM

i'm not fat i'm big boned!

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2003, 08:31 PM

Clearly, this woman does not value her own life so why should the state. Let the cow pass her last few months in some barn somewhere instead and use the money to help fund public schools.

all commentary regarding the appearance of other people should be accompanied by a photo of commentor.

thanks
-mgmt.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 08:33 PM

No, this is Captain Obvious using the oldest trick in the racist's book - find the worst example of someone from a sub-group, and then generalize that person's traits to everyone in the sub-group.

I won't bother to say more on the topic, because Captain Obvious is digging up the same old crap all over again. I'm having trouble figuring out why he's bringing it up here again. After all, he came out of the last debate looking so shallow you could see Newton's Rings forming.

BlackGriffen

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 08:41 PM

Yeah, yeah, I am shallow but obesity related health problems cost the nation a fortune in subsidized care and treatment. Everyone bitches about smokers and what not but those people cost us a fraction of what fat people do. Not to mention it kills more people.

I think you and I have beat the topic to death about what people think is acceptable as their own personal body image. So no Griff, you aren't fat just a "healthy weight" But until I can check off a box on my tax return that lets me opt out of paying for fat people's health problems then I can complain all I want. I don't see why you protest it. It comes up far less than anti-Bush or anti-gay topics. If you don't want to read it just pass on it.

Originally posted by scaught:
all commentary regarding the appearance of other people should be accompanied by a photo of commentor.

thanks
Thanks, but I was responding to a personal attack which I did not directly provoke by directing any comment at a particular person. Unless of course Fad is the son of the whale. So I think my going into that person''s pictures they chose to post on the web is fair game.
So when I choose to air my personal life out there for a world to see then I will be more than willing to take what is given out.
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Nov 29, 2003 at 08:50 PM. )

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2003, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
No, this is Captain Obvious using the oldest trick in the racist's book - find the worst example of someone from a sub-group, and then generalize that person's traits to everyone in the sub-group.

I won't bother to say more on the topic, because Captain Obvious is digging up the same old crap all over again. I'm having trouble figuring out why he's bringing it up here again. After all, he came out of the last debate looking so shallow you could see Newton's Rings forming.

BlackGriffen
That gets an obese thumbsup.

Originally posted by MindFad:
Ignorant, worthless douche of a human being versus the world, take 1245!

ACTION

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 08:59 PM

I think you and I have beat the topic to death about what people think is acceptable as their own personal body image. So no Griff, you aren't fat just a "healthy weight" But until I can check off a box on my tax return that lets me opt out of paying for fat people's health problems then I can complain all I want. I don't see why you protest it. It comes up far less than anti-Bush or anti-gay topics. If you don't want to read it just pass on it.
Yeah, I never did give up my measurements to you last time, did I? Heh, so like the shallow prick you are, you assumed that I was attacking you because I was overweight.

Wonder if I should break it to you? Nah, you wouldn't believe me if I gave you numbers, and I don't have any way of putting a photo online. I have no way that isn't too much of a hassle to make destroying the delusions of a fool worth my while, that is.

You'll just have to remain shallow and ignorant because I can't do anything about the former, and it isn't worth my effort to correct the latter.

BlackGriffen

Link
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:07 PM

I always find the people who bash x people have the problem themselves

Captain obvious.. why don't you just go to weight watchers already you fat slob
Aloha

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:16 PM

Hey I don't care what you look like. In fact I take all that huffing and puffing about me as defensiveness because you know I am right. My point about how the obese are using up limited public resources instead of taking a personal responsibility in their health stands.

All these personal attacks just take away from the points the two articles make. That more money is being diverted away from other needs to address the problems of a group of people who need to be more proactive about their problems. When the money that is used to help prevent childhood diabetes is all used up because its going to help pay for extra large bus seats I am sure the world will be a better place.
22 people to help some fat POS to the dentist? That is a good use of tax funds.

Link
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:21 PM

captain obvious: I think you fail to realize that they pour just as much money from this crap into taking care of eating disorders and anorexia and whatnot?

Yeah you're a real moron you know?
Aloha

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2003, 09:31 PM

I don't really give a damn about how fat a person is. If you're happy with your weight and its not going to adversely affect your life (or don't care) then fine by me. But if you complain one bit then I'll call you what you are: A lazy fat slob who doesn't have the brains to stop digging the hole you're already in.

I am a very thin person. So much so I have to eat like a horse just to maintain weight. And people say genetics is always working against us

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

Captain Obvious  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by Link:
captain obvious: I think you fail to realize that they pour just as much money from this crap into taking care of eating disorders and anorexia and whatnot?

Yeah you're a real moron you know?
No, they dont you idiot. Do you even know anything about the health care programs? Of course not, you are some 15 year old dork who complains when there is a scratch in his new dual G4 computer him mom paid for and Apple won't replace it. My God your parents need to pay more attention to your schooling.
Money is not allocated equally into programs like the one you described. In fact if you were even capable of doing advanced math you'd see the shear disproportion of over weight people in the country would mean that their health problems would out number any other demographic because of the number of potential cases. Seriously joe, shut up. I know you are just a kid but really you are one of the most sheltered people on the forum. You have zero perspective about anything because you have been stuck in your room for most of your life. Go out more, maybe talk to girls and wait out your life until your parents kick you out of the house. What a goddam tool you are.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:42 PM

He comes out swinging, then complains when he gets a whooping. Hah, classic case of someone pulling the bully act because he's a wuss. Mental featherweights need not apply to Fight Club.

You do raise some valid health concerns, but you quickly bury them underneath your shallow dehumanizing of real people. They say that the best place to hide a lie is between two truths. You try really really hard to pull off that act, but you just can't stop your mouth from spewing garbage, and you end up couching truths between some of the foulest lies a human can spew.

Do we, as a society, need to start encouraging people to live healthier lifestyles? You bet your shallow @ss. Insurance rebates, tax incentives, you name it. Spewing forth the hate that you do is not the way to do it, though, and is actually counter productive to the goal. Perhaps you figure that hating yourself was enough to keep yourself skinny, why won't it work for others? Well, Shallow Boy, different people respond to stimulus in different ways. Some people have eating disorders that stem from depression. And guess what calling them worthless wastes of flesh does? Yep, drives them deeper in to depression, and thus also to seek comfort in food. Then there are the people you just piss off, effectively shutting down dialog. So, even if you're too thick to realize how wrong it is to call someone worthless, you should realize that doing so is counter-productive.

Now, while there is a legitimate cause here, you have to be the worst spokesman for it ever, and I'm calling you on it. Do yourself, and your cause, a favor and shut that noxious piehole of yours until you learn how to control its emissions better.

BlackGriffen

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 09:46 PM

taking the good 'ol personal-attacks-to-win-arguements tactic Cap'n?

TampaDeveloper
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 10:56 PM

Have some compassion, Captain Obnoxious. I wonder how long you would last if everybody decided it was every man for himself.

iWrite
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 11:02 PM

Yeah, some people are a little thick.

Mentally, that is.

This thread is going nowhere and I hope it gets shut down. Yet someone else is spewing a vomitous of hate.

NO ONE is perfect. Sure, the lady should be on a diet and I also think her lawsuit is grossly pathetic (stress the word "grossly" please), but we're also maintaining millions of other people in this country with health problems of various types...which we are also funding with taxpayer monies. Including AIDS from unsafe sex and doing drugs illegally and intravenously, pregnancies that occur due to unsafe sex, and the list goes on and on. Think about how much money teenaged pregnancies cost this country every year?

There are a lot of problems -- including everyone in this thread degenerating to calling each other names.

Cipher13
Nov 29, 2003, 11:16 PM

BlackGriffen: brilliant as always.

Yeah, yeah, I am shallow but obesity related health problems cost the nation a fortune in subsidized care and treatment. Everyone bitches about smokers and what not but those people cost us a fraction of what fat people do. Not to mention it kills more people.

Know what? I don't want my money going into keeping people like you alive.

Whether you're 100% healthy or not... I'm choosing to discriminate against your personality. People like you who get into car accidents, injure themselves through sport, or any of a million other ways cost infinitely more than obese people may.

I wish I could opt out of keeping assholes alive via my tax money.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2003, 11:24 PM

People like you are the types that give other people psychological complexes.... to save them money... can we cut out your tongue?

willab
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2003, 11:27 PM

Captain Obvious, I may be missing something because I haven't been here long, but I can't see why you find it necessary to insult others. Do you have a problem, and you feel better when you insult others? I personally think that this lady has severe problems, because she is unwilling to do anything for herself. Firefighters worked for 2.5 hrs to get her out of the door. Would a better solution not be to go on a diet, and find a way to exercise? She feels that it is necessary to file a complaint because it takes time to redo an apartment to accommodate her at their expense? I have no problem with obese people in general, but in this particular case she is thinking only of herself. She should have taken better care of herself when she could move. I can not believe that this is even true. Some people just take advantage of others too much.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 11:40 PM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
People like you are the types that give other people psychological complexes.... to save them money... can we cut out your tongue?
If a Bible goes thump in the woods, with nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 11:42 PM

I just wanna know how someone manages to get to be 772 lbs.

ZackS
Banned
Nov 29, 2003, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
If a Bible goes thump in the woods, with nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Only if God wills it.

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2003, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
YOU EAT A LOT OF BABIES!

ZackS
Banned
Nov 29, 2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
Short answer: Eating a lot without moving at all.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2003, 11:49 PM

So I think my going into that person''s pictures they chose to post on the web is fair game. So when I choose to air my personal life out there for a world to see then I will be more than willing to take what is given out.
I thought it was funny. I was trying to make it funnier for you, but you went and hosted my picture yourself. (Why, I hope that server of yours can handle the weight of my photograph.)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 12:25 AM

WTF?? Always gotta make something into a religious snipe? What a douche-bag. Internet bullies are sooo scarey. Get over it, you fu**tards.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 30, 2003, 12:41 AM

What a cow! I just want to know who runs off to KFC each day to feed this thing?

"Hello, what have we here?

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 12:50 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
WTF?? Always gotta make something into a religious snipe? What a douche-bag. Internet bullies are sooo scarey. Get over it, you fu**tards.
No, not always. I don't talk religion too much. Just the occasional jab. If you want to get all pissy about it, I'd be glad to debate it with you.

p.s. plz change ur sig. last time i saw it i compulsively went to church. k thx.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 01:04 AM

No, not always. I don't talk religion too much. Just the occasional jab. If you want to get all pissy about it, I'd be glad to debate it with you.

p.s. plz change ur sig. last time i saw it i compulsively went to church. k thx.
Why attack people because they have a different view? Make you feel taller?

Sorry, sig stays, and if you think it means I'm some kind of Christian, you're seriously under-educated. Further, I don't have time to help you explore your doubts, you have to resolve those on your own.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

iWrite
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 01:21 AM

Everyone here ranting and raving is falling into Captain Obvious's trap of (once again) causing a total meltdown on the boards.

Seriously, it's not worth it.

Maybe he gets his kicks out of seeing how much people will debase themselves by ridiculing and hating not only the less fortunate, but each other?

Seriously, think about it.

It's like getting "Punk'd" on the boards -- all of you.

Don't give him the satisfaction of watching all of you fall into a pile and beat the hell out of each other.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 01:26 AM

Nah, I'm just bored/overworked and feel like a good scrap.
- Thomas Paine

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 01:32 AM

Why attack people because they have a different view? Make you feel taller?

Sorry, sig stays, and if you think it means I'm some kind of Christian, you're seriously under-educated. Further, I don't have time to help you explore your doubts, you have to resolve those on your own.
Dude, where the f�ck is your sense of humor? Chill. Re read my posts through the your corrective sarcasm lens.

quandarry
Nov 30, 2003, 01:39 AM

+1

now back to our regularly scheduled personal attacks.
( Last edited by quandarry; Nov 30, 2003 at 02:04 AM. )

iWrite
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 01:49 AM

Incidentally, if you think about it, REALLY think about it, her life must be a living hell. She's obviously mentally ill -- which caused the weight gain or as the result of the weight gain -- and her life must be a real hell. Trapped in your own body that way? Can you imagine how hopeless you'd be? You'd be damned hopeless.

The woman needs an intervention of some kind. She needs the stomach stapling surgery to begin with. She needs Richard Simmons. She needs some compassion.

Someday, every single one of us is going to be faced with a life threatening illness, a terminal illness, or even death. How would you like to be dying and have people hating you and ridiculing you as you were dying?

You're all just like the people who watched Kitty Genovese get murdered...and no one lifted a finger to help or even to call the police. Why? Because they all thought someone else was doing it. They'd rather just watch and do nothing. And the sickest of them all were the people who said she deserved to die, murdered right in front of their eyes, because "she must have brought it on herself." Yep, some of you lowlifes are exactly the same. Captain Obvious, that most especially includes you. You need mental help. SERIOUS mental help.

All of this hate-mongering and mud slinging coming from a guy who is so weak and cowardly that he won't even use his real name.

Yep, that's the way most cowards behave: Nameless bullies.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 01:54 AM

Dude, where the f�ck is your sense of humor? Chill. Re read my posts through the your corrective sarcasm lens.
Oh, so you meant it as a joke, and you feel nothing but goodwill and respect for people who have religious beliefs? That chic[k]en and other Christians on this forum are fully aware of this being nothing but playful comraderie.

Well, in that case, you have my deepest, heart-felt apologies.
- Thomas Paine

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 02:03 AM

Oh, so you meant it as a joke, and you feel nothing but goodwill and respect for people who have religious beliefs?
You make my head hurt. THERE IS NO F�CKIN' SUBTEXT. If you weren't hip to the scheme then, I don't suppose I will change your mind... Carry on.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2003, 02:38 AM

You make my head hurt. THERE IS NO F�CKIN' SUBTEXT. If you weren't hip to the scheme then, I don't suppose I will change your mind... Carry on.
Oh well, so much for trying to get into a good fight before going to bed... <sigh>
- Thomas Paine

wang_himself
Senior User
Nov 30, 2003, 03:21 AM

I say we shoot all the skinny americans and make more room for the fat americans. I view it as one less car on Interstate 5 during rush hour!

Cipher13
Nov 30, 2003, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by iWrite:
Incidentally, if you think about it, REALLY think about it, her life must be a living hell. She's obviously mentally ill -- which caused the weight gain or as the result of the weight gain -- and her life must be a real hell. Trapped in your own body that way? Can you imagine how hopeless you'd be? You'd be damned hopeless.

The woman needs an intervention of some kind. She needs the stomach stapling surgery to begin with. She needs Richard Simmons. She needs some compassion.

Someday, every single one of us is going to be faced with a life threatening illness, a terminal illness, or even death. How would you like to be dying and have people hating you and ridiculing you as you were dying?

You're all just like the people who watched Kitty Genovese get murdered...and no one lifted a finger to help or even to call the police. Why? Because they all thought someone else was doing it. They'd rather just watch and do nothing. And the sickest of them all were the people who said she deserved to die, murdered right in front of their eyes, because "she must have brought it on herself." Yep, some of you lowlifes are exactly the same. Captain Obvious, that most especially includes you. You need mental help. SERIOUS mental help.

All of this hate-mongering and mud slinging coming from a guy who is so weak and cowardly that he won't even use his real name.

Yep, that's the way most cowards behave: Nameless bullies.
I'm sick of you and your self righteousness.

I don't know if you were targetting me with that comment (I can't see why you would have), but I don't care. If you're such an amazing friggin' person, you go help her.

If we're all such bloody horrible people, what the hell are you doing here? Oh, and how dare you compare us to the Genovese onlookers? You do not know any of us; you haven't a clue what we're like in reality.

Again, I get the feeling you're really only targetting Captain Obvious with that post, but it had to be said... and if so, your wording leaves much to be desired.

Dubya's Dealer
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2003, 10:09 AM

All I know is that people in the rest of the world equate America as a nation of fat people.

As a result I try to stay as thin as possible so as to not give people ammunition....

willed
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2003, 10:21 AM

I couldn't be bothered to read this whole sordid thread, but I do get annoyed by fat people who are just fat because they can't be bothered to get their fat lazy ass off the couch and stop eating. There are people who are naturally bigger due to genetics etc, but even they are not naturally obese. That just comes from being greedy and lazy, two unattractive habits.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 30, 2003, 10:25 AM

i think Captain Obvious & iWrite should get married. then go and live somewhere with no internet access. and they all lived happily ever after.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

PB2K
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 10:37 AM

peopel who claim overweight is caused by anything other than eating are lying. it has to come from somewhere.

i had a manager once who claimed it was some stupid gland that caused him to be a sweating blimp, he told that lie to anyone, even when they were talking about some other real deseases they were suffering from themselves. I have seen that man eating 4 (FOUR) Mars candybars within 2 hours. and he drank fruitflavoured energy-water, gallons of it. Yeah..
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

deekay1
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2003, 10:38 AM

hehe...i was waiting to post this all year long.

at 164 lbs now at 6'2". healthy, happy and ready to open an xxxxl can of whoop a$$!

the distinguished "gentleman" who started this topic and me had a "discussion" earlier this year on wheather it was healthy to be 160 lbs at 6'2"!

anorexic teenager...pfffff

not only have i lost 26 lbs over the course of this year (doing it my way), i'm keeping my weight, feeling good and in shape!

eat'em up yum!

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Forum Links
Forum Rules