Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Nokia miniSD Card and OS X

Nokia miniSD Card and OS X
onlyone-jc
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2007, 07:47 AM

Hi.

I have a Nokia 6280, and use a miniSD Card in it. I have a USB data cable for the phone, and when I connect the cable to my Mac and put the phone in to data transfer mode, the miniSD card appears as a volume on the desktop.

However, this volume is read-only. I can only copy data from it, and am not able to write and/or modify any existing data on the card.

I've tried this same scenario on a Windows XP machine and, quite surprisingly, I can both read and write from the card.

So, what I want to know is, what's the difference in the way that OS X handles volumes of this nature, over how Windows XP handles them?

Thanks,
onlyone-jc.

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2007, 08:09 AM

Hi, I have the same phone and see exactly the same behaviour. My solution is write to the card with a card reader. I put it down to bad firmware on the phone and Nokia's almost complete disregard for the Mac OS platform. I'll certainly be returning to Sony Ericsson when this contract is up, either that or an iPhone if it has made it to AU by then.

Forum Links
Forum Rules