Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > iPhone "development"

iPhone "development"
WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2007, 07:03 AM

Anyone found any documentation on the so called Web 2.0 iPhone development? I'm curious as to how these so called apps will inherit the iPhone look and feel and also how they go about accessing the services the iPhone provides to them (calling, address book, etc.)

dn15
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2007, 05:16 AM

I am curious too, but don't see any details on Apple's site or via Google search. In the keynote he said all you needed was a working knowledge of "Web 2.0"-style development. But obviously there are a few missing details when it comes to customizing them in a way that makes them iPhone-friendly.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2007, 04:30 PM

I'm guessing the look you'll have to create yourself with css positioning and images. Since you're only creating the site for one browser and one screen size, positioning and such shouldn't be an issue.

I'm wondering the same thing regarding accessing the iPhone's services. For all we know it could be basic things. My BlackBerry for example will ask you if you'd like to dial a number if you select one that's on a website. The browser will make phone numbers into links you can click on. Clicking them will make the phone ask if you want to dial.
I wonder if that is the type of thing they were talking about in regards to the iPhone's services?

Magno Urbano
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2007, 03:04 PM

Hi,
an iPhone application is just a web page. Something more like the widgets.
I have developed a search engine/directory to index all iPhone applications I can find.
Anyone can add their own links too.
check it out at
AddPhone.com (iphone related directory)

using this engine you can find applications to satisfy your curiosity about iphone apps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules