Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: 2GHz 20" iMac G5 (400GB HDD, 2GB RAM) for Powerbook or MBP

FT: 2GHz 20" iMac G5 (400GB HDD, 2GB RAM) for Powerbook or MBP
volcano
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 02:02 AM

I desperately need the portability of a laptop, and my 20" iMac just doesn't travel well.

Here are the specs:
- 2GHz G5 processor
- 20" widescreen display
- 2GB RAM (upgraded from 512mb using crucial RAM in October '05)
- 400GB hard-drive (yes, it's huge and it was a BTO option... 250GB was the standard size)
- ATI Radeon 9600 video card with 128MB of VRAM

Also included:
- Original box, manuals, installation CDs, and the twisty ties (if you want 'em)
- Apple Pro Wireless Mouse
- Apple Pro Wireless Keyboard
- AppleCare extended warranty. There are over 600 days left in it.

This model was introduced in June 2005 and I purchased it just a few days after it was released. It's the Rev. B model, and it does not feature a built-in iSight camera. The upside? It's fully user-serviceable, meaning you can easily open up the back and replace anything that needs to be fixed. It can also be attached to a VESA mount if you want it on your wall. I haven't had a single issue with this beautiful machine, and it's been nothing but a joy to use since I bought it. It was my first Mac, and I'm sorry to let it go... but it's blatantly obvious to me that I need a laptop this semester. I can't be stuck at home.

What am a looking for?

Any model of the MacBook Pro.

If you have a Powerbook, I want at least:
- 1.25GHz G4 processor
- 80GB hard-drive
- 64MB VRAM and a decent video card
- AppleCare would be nice, but it's not entirely necessary

My iMac is in pristine condition, so I expect the machine I'm trading it for to be the same. I realize the portability of the Powerbook/MacBook Pro can lead to a few knicks/dings, so just be honest and tell me if there are any.

Oh, and it HAS to be a 15" model.... the 12" Powerbooks had horrible resolutions and the 17" is too damn big for me.

Let me know what you have. I check my PMs daily and I visit this forums more than once a day, so I'll get back to you ASAP. Depending on what you offer, we can then discuss the inclusion of additional cash (from either you or me) and go from there.

Thanks!

-------------
Pictures!

Only the iMac is up for grabs... I'm keeping those lovely speakers pictured above and I don't have the iBook anymore.

CTSxViper
Oct 3, 2006, 07:30 PM

What's the resolution of the model? Is it 1680x1050?
( Last edited by CTSxViper; Oct 3, 2006 at 11:45 PM. )

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2006, 09:49 PM

I have a 1.25 ghz Powerbook, still under Applecare, 15" w/Superdrive, 512 megs of ram, 80 gig hd. I may be interested in a trade, but will need to think about it. Best of luck!

volcano  (op)
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by CTSxViper
WHat the resolution of the model? Is it 1680x1050?
Yup, that's it.

CTSxViper
Oct 3, 2006, 11:43 PM

Okay great.. I was just reading up on your system at everymac.com. Nice system. I have my system listed here and 2 other mac forums. I may be interested.
( Last edited by CTSxViper; Oct 4, 2006 at 12:17 AM. )

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2006, 01:46 PM

HMMM i have a macbook pro with invisihield on it.15" 1.83ghz system for 1450.00
80gb harddrive 7200 rpm & 512mb of ram.

Forum Links
Forum Rules