Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Playstation 3 PS3 for sale and trade 2 on hand pics

FS: Playstation 3 PS3 for sale and trade 2 on hand pics
da2005pizimp
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2006, 02:08 PM

Hey all i was one of those idiots that stood in line for days on end to get one of these, i have two of them. One is my brothers and one is mine. I want to sell them for 1200 each or i'm taking offers for trades. let me know everyone. pics are available on request.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2006, 02:24 PM

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 03:24 PM

gabriel was kinf enough to show you a thread to ge ta point accross, i will be the asshole and flatout tell you your a scumbag for coming here and goushign a price that much.
1200 bucks for a 599 system? wow dude i understand you want to make money but **** 600 bucks more? stop being a sheep and stop following what ebay is going for, you have it make your own
i hope you dont sell it you suck. F*** your capitalistic ways
( Last edited by Javizun; Nov 18, 2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: yes is a personal attack)
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by da2005pizimp View Post
Hey all i was one of those idiots that stood in line for days on end to get one of these, i have two of them. One is my brothers and one is mine. I want to sell them for 1200 each or i'm taking offers for trades. let me know everyone. pics are available on request.
Yeah, I'm going to have to second the guy above me and say that you're more of a bone smuggling turd burglar than Brian "poleschmokin" Schwegler. Suffice to say I hope that you do try and sell them on craigslist some some asswipe gansta can pull a gun and rob you for them. Guys like you just generally suck.

What you suck... is not a subject for this forum. We try and keep it family friendly around here.

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2006, 04:11 PM

And I'm going to have to disagree with the above posters. You guys can whine all you want about the "morality" of it; but he's charging the current market rate. It's capitalism people; it's the way the world works. Some people have more money/ability to pay more for things they want, some don't. Tough cookies.

If all Macbook's were sold out, and I waited in line at an Apple store for 4 days, you're damn right I'd charge more than retail because that's the CURRENT MARKET RATE. I should be compensated for both my time and ability to get a system, just as such that people will pay more than retail so they didn't have to be the one's standing in line. If you guys have a problem with this, you must have a problem with economics in general, in that, people will pay/bid higher/compete for resources that are scarce.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to second the guy above me and say that you're more of a bone smuggling turd burglar than Brian "poleschmokin" Schwegler. Suffice to say I hope that you do try and sell them on craigslist some some asswipe gansta can pull a gun and rob you for them. Guys like you just generally suck.

What you suck... is not a subject for this forum. We try and keep it family friendly around here.
Harsh feelings also do not belong on a family forum.

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post

wow, i love when asshats like you think they can be the toughest guys around......on a message board. I wonder if you familiar with what a MARKET is? You seem to have a complete lack of understanding of the system you live and participate in.

here you go

"A market economy (also called a free market economy, free enterprise economy) is an economic system in which the production and distribution of goods and services takes place through the mechanism of free markets guided by a free price system rather than by the state in a planned economy.[1] [2] In a market economy businesses and consumers decide what they will produce and purchase, as a opposed to a planned economy where the government decides what is to be produced and in what quantities.[3]

A market economy has no central coordinator guiding its operation, yet theoretically self-organization emerges amidst the complex interplay of supply and demand and price regarding a multitude of goods and services. Supporters of a market economy generally hold that individuals pursuing their self-interest through trade has the incidental effect of bringing about a spontaneous order that is effective in supplying the greatest abundance of goods for society and in the most efficient manner. Adam Smith says that the individual who:

"intends only his own gain is led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Nor is it always the worse for society that it was no part of it. By pursuing his own interest [an individual] frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it. I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the [common] good." (Wealth of Nations)

The economists' model of a free market is one in which there is no governmental intervention or other coercion. The theoretical model of a large-scale free market economy does not occur legally, however the underground economy may be seen as an actualized free market economy."

and please save your cheesy moral relatvism, its not needed and plauged by ignorance.

CTSxViper
Nov 18, 2006, 04:31 PM

I agree with Veritas and weazbert. Bottom line, don't pay it. You can charge what ever you want when you sell something in a forum. I will not pay that for a PS3, but if someone chooses to, then it's their choice and that's it. Quit crapping his thread and read the rules if you need to.
FROM THE Rules:

10) No thread crapping. This includes nasty comments and the like. Constructive criticism IS ok, however.

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by da2005pizimp View Post

best of luck, and my post dosent apply to you, it was locked because i had to show the actualy items or preorders to the Mod, i simply said screw it and sold on other forums/local/ebay. Your price is fair given the market, again good luck.

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Javizun View Post
i hope you dont sell it you suck. F*** your capitalistic ways

do you pay taxes?........Have a job?...........buy groceries?............vote in elections?..........are you mentally handicapped? You ARE A CAPITALIST!!!!! self loathing must be difficult to live with. Take this crap and direct it tword something worthwile, or just way for the communist playstation..........."equality station" i am sure it will fill all the preorders and be out sometime next year

da2005pizimp  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2006, 05:07 PM

hey all please don't post unless you are interested in buying something, if you don't like it then please tell sony to release more next time. I had to wait 3 days to get this and i'm just trying to make enough to pay for my time. Please tell me that if you had one u wouldn't do it yourself.

osxpinot
Senior User
Nov 18, 2006, 05:23 PM

god forbid somebody make money in a "marketplace" forum.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2006, 05:23 PM

Well if that's the case then you would be stupid to sell it here instead of on eBay where you can get twice your asking price here.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 18, 2006, 05:35 PM

Alrighty. I'll make this brief.

I've just handed out two day bans to both Javizun and bishopazrael. Their type of behavior is not acceptable on this forum.

New game consoles being sold at inflated prices is something we've seen for years when any new console comes out. Learn to deal with it. If you aren't interested in paying an inflated price so that you can get in early on the new console, then shut your mouth and make way for those who are. Do not make personal attacks.

I will not require that the seller provide proof that they have the consoles in their posession. But I would recommend that any interested buyers demand that proof themselves before buying.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Forum Links
Forum Rules