Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Wtb: Low-end Powermac G5 (1.6 Or 1.8ghz) Or Intel Mac Mini

Wtb: Low-end Powermac G5 (1.6 Or 1.8ghz) Or Intel Mac Mini
nervegrind3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2006, 05:30 PM

dead
( Last edited by nervegrind3r; Feb 20, 2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: dead)

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2006, 06:25 PM

Forum rules state that you must put a price. Why everything so secretive? Nobody is going to send you a Mac without paying even if you have good heatware.

nervegrind3r  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Forum rules state that you must put a price. Why everything so secretive? Nobody is going to send you a Mac without paying even if you have good heatware.

What exactly are you talking about? Why would I post a price when im not selling anything? I am trying to buy stuff. Did you bother to read my post? The forum rules dont state you have to post an asking price when buying, but you do when you sell something.

If someone does not want to ship first based on heat, that's something that I can work out with the seller. I appreciate your feedback.

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2006, 09:41 PM

Most people are uncomfortable shipping first, regardless of your feedback ratings. It's standard online transaction procedure for the buyer to pay first, and seller to ship after receiving payment.
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2006, 10:37 PM

3) Post an asking price. Give us an idea of what you want instead of getting mad when someone offers a price much lower than what you wanted.
That can apply for buying. It just helps people get an idea from looking at the main post about how much they will get before they could possibly go through the trouble of private messaging and then getting some lowball offer. I'm not saying you would give a lowball offer, but it just may be a good idea to help you get a Power Mac faster and easier. In the end it's your choice I guess if a mod doesn't apply this rule to WTBs, but that's just a little advice from experience .

nervegrind3r  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2006, 12:50 AM

That can apply for buying. It just helps people get an idea from looking at the main post about how much they will get before they could possibly go through the trouble of private messaging and then getting some lowball offer. I'm not saying you would give a lowball offer, but it just may be a good idea to help you get a Power Mac faster and easier. In the end it's your choice I guess if a mod doesn't apply this rule to WTBs, but that's just a little advice from experience .
I hear ya. I'd rather have a seller contact me with a price on their system, and we work out from there. That's how I normally do it on other forums, and it's always worked quite well for me. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 25, 2006, 01:36 AM

Actually, an asking price is not required for a WTB thread, Jr. Patrolman...
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

nervegrind3r  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2006, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Actually, an asking price is not required for a WTB thread, Jr. Patrolman...
thank you mod

osxpinot
Senior User
Dec 25, 2006, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by nervegrind3r View Post
What exactly are you talking about? Why would I post a price when im not selling anything? I am trying to buy stuff. Did you bother to read my post? The forum rules dont state you have to post an asking price when buying, but you do when you sell something.

If someone does not want to ship first based on heat, that's something that I can work out with the seller. I appreciate your feedback.
Clearly he can read and knows that you are looking to buy if he said that nobody is willing to ship first.

nervegrind3r  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2007, 11:48 AM

ttt

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2007, 01:38 PM

Just an FYI that nervegrind3r has an outstanding selling/trading reputation over at AT (Anandtech). Good luck to you.

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2007, 03:19 PM

This isnt AT. I agree that the item should be paid for first. Looks like your out numbered. Go to ebay.
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR

CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by praterkeith View Post
This isnt AT. I agree that the item should be paid for first. Looks like your out numbered. Go to ebay.
What is it with the attitude? Go to Ebay? This is really up to the OP and a potential seller. I think your comment was rude and not called for. I merely expressed that he has a very good reputation over at another mainstream forum.

nervegrind3r  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
What is it with the attitude? Go to Ebay? This is really up to the OP and a potential seller. I think your comment was rude and not called for. I merely expressed that he has a very good reputation over at another mainstream forum.
I appreciate the vote of confidence. I agree that its up to the seller and buyer to make the decision.

On a side note, I've never met such hostility on any other board compared to this forum. Just look at all the previous posts; everyone makes it seem like I'm the bad guy already. This is exactly why Anandtech is special, and by far the best place to trade. I guess I'll close this WTB thread up and continue trading on other forums where people actually have some respect for others, and don't dog them with their rude comments.

webb3201
Senior User
Jan 10, 2007, 05:29 PM

lets all simmer down. I think the original post came off a bit more cocky than was intended. Someone send him a machine please.
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2007, 05:57 PM

your right webb3201, i apologize for my rudeness. i hope you find the machine your looking for. have a pleasant day.
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR

wellokthen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2007, 09:58 PM

Is a MDD Dp too low-end?

Forum Links
Forum Rules