Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help! Need to undelete a folder..

Help! Need to undelete a folder..
shockme17
May 9, 2007, 12:26 AM

Hello, I was copying a folder from a windows network share to the desktop, and i already had a folder on the osx desktop with the same name. i hit "replace" thinking it would just overwrite any existing files, and add the new ones, but instead, my entire folder was deleted. Is there anyway that I can recover this folder?

What are some good programs that I could use?
Thanks

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 9, 2007, 12:37 AM

Tried undo? Do you have a backup?

shockme17  (op)
May 9, 2007, 12:40 AM

Cant undo, and there is no backup.

What are some good programs to restore the folder?

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
May 9, 2007, 01:59 AM

Data Rescue is your best bet. Make sure to download it to something other than your hard drive to minimize the risk of your overwriting the files.

With that said, there's a good chance that the copied files from the Windows share may have overwritten the deleted files already, so you might not be able to recover the files.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Forum Links
Forum Rules