Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > [help] iPod update is not updating!

[help] iPod update is not updating!
shockme17
Apr 28, 2004, 08:07 PM

i have a 3rd gen 30gb ipod. formatted in Fat32 so it can be easily read across both my mac and pc computers... and i load the updater, it says im running 2.1 (needs an update), yet the only option that is availible for me to click is (restore) therefore erasing all of my music!

what is going on apple?!

Toadie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 07:29 AM

I have to 40G iPod and tried to update via 'software update' in sys prefs only to have iTunes tell me that there was no iPod found (even though it was showing on the desktop). Thinking that I could get around iTunes by downloading the update directly, only too find that my iPod was still not connected (still showing on the desktop mind you). The Dialog which presents itself has two buttons 'Update' & 'Restore', neither of which I can select. Now to make my iPod show as connected within iTunes I have to cancel the software update dialog each time I start I tunes, any ideas?

Kane.

ryju
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2004, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by shockme17:
i have a 3rd gen 30gb ipod. formatted in Fat32 so it can be easily read across both my mac and pc computers... and i load the updater, it says im running 2.1 (needs an update), yet the only option that is availible for me to click is (restore) therefore erasing all of my music!

what is going on apple?!
I think the fact that it's in FAT32 is the problem. But I could be wrong.

shockme17  (op)
Apr 29, 2004, 01:57 PM

thats ridiculous, im going to try to update the ipod on my windows pc and see if that works... otherwise.. im calling apple... hopefully by updating on the pc, it wont ruin authentication and what not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules