Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ti SuperDrive Ship Date

Ti SuperDrive Ship Date (Page 5)
Keeg0123
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 01:02 AM

I order my power book w/ superdrive on the 11th but it didn't go through until the 12th. Today at about 5pm central time my power book shipped. I ordered through the educational version. I got standard overnight shipping so it should be here tomorrow any time before 3pm. Im excited, my first laptop.
keep waiting some day they all will ship

P. S.
I was in my local apple retailer "MicroCenter" today and they said that they should be getting the power books w/ superdrives this friday 11/29/02

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2002, 02:31 AM

Originally posted by jjokerski:
FedEx, you're killin' me! My SuperDrive tracking status has been stuck on "Left FedEx Ramp in Anchorage, AK" for over a day now! Come on! I need this thing by Thanksgiving or I might explode!

I chose standard shipping to save money. I'm regretting that decision now! AGONY!
I'm in the same boat jjokerski.. only I did expedited shipping. I called FedEx today.. they said "Your package missed its original flight out of Taiwan. Original garanteed delivery date was Tuesday.. since it was put back a day, the new date is Friday." When I mentioned that a 1 day delay shouldnt cause the package to be delivered 4 days later, he just said "well, thats the way it is.." What is the point of a garanteed delivery day, when they can just change it???

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2002, 03:45 AM

Originally posted by Keeg0123:
I order my power book w/ superdrive on the 11th but it didn't go through until the 12th. Today at about 5pm central time my power book shipped. I ordered through the educational version. I got standard overnight shipping so it should be here tomorrow any time before 3pm.
Who did you have to sleep with to get your TiSD this quickly?

Seriously, we're just hearing about a few people who ordered on 11/7 getting shipping notices, and you ordered 4 days later on 11/11 and already got your notice?

Any tricks to get quicker shipment?

iBorg

remohomer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 04:25 AM

Originally posted by remohomer:
I ordered mine (1Ghz w/SD) just minutes after the launch on the 6th, but mine just shipped on the 22nd. I noticed many others have shipped prior to this. There must be some order preference.

It was an education order so maybe they have a lower priority. I know it was not a credit issue as the other parts of my order shipped almost immediately.

Should be here on the 24th or 25th. Good luck to everyone else. I will post impressions as soon as it arrives.

Left FedEx RampDULLES VA 11/26/2002 01:22
Package statusDULLES VA 11/26/2002 00:41
Left FedEx RampC.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 11/24/2002 17:21
Left FedEx Sort FacilityANCHORAGE AK 11/24/2002 17:08
Package statusC.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 11/23/2002 23:28
Arrived at FedEx RampTA YUAN HSIANG TW 11/23/2002 00:46
Pickup statusTAOYUAN CITY TW 11/22/2002 20:12 Future pickup/delivery requested

This really sucks, nothing all day on 11/25 now the damn thing is all the way across the US. When will it arrive in (WA)??? This better get here before Thanksgiving.

jjokerski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 09:26 AM

Remohomer, mine must be on the same shipment as yours. I live much closer to Indianapolis and was surprised to see it ship to Dulles.

Damn it, it better be here by tomorrow.

jjokerski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 09:30 AM

MarkLT1: you should contact Apple and see if they'll refund your shipping charges (assuming you ordered it from Apple online). After all, you're getting it no faster than someone who chose standard shipping.

claughery
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 26, 2002, 10:50 AM

has everybody that ordered on the 6th recieved shipping notification yet?
Dual 1.8 G5, 23" cinema oldschool, PB 1.5 ghz 12" SD, iBook 1.07 Ghz, mac mini 1.42, iPod mini, iPod photo 40gb, SE K700i

remohomer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by claughery:
has everybody that ordered on the 6th recieved shipping notification yet?
Yes, see my original post in this thread. Ordered 6am PST 6-Nov. Still waiting.

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 26, 2002, 11:57 AM

WOO hooo, i just got a call from my school and my sd Ti is in!! yes!!! the wait is over. lol

i ordered the afternoon of the 6th, using the education discount.

time to go pick it up SAWEEET!

review to follow shortly

l�k
iron sharpens iron

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 26, 2002, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by lokjah:
WOO hooo, i just got a call from my school and my sd Ti is in!! yes!!! the wait is over. lol

i ordered the afternoon of the 6th, using the education discount.

time to go pick it up SAWEEET!

review to follow shortly

l�k
Congrats!

So I was just talking to a local store and they claim they've been selling them on and off. I'm not sure I believe them though - maybe they thought I was talking about the 867 or the GigaBook combo drive version. Another store claims they won't be getting any until next week at the earliest. The wait continues...

Dragomir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 12:30 PM

A friend of mine ordered the Powerbook with SuperDriver using a student ADC. The order date is November 11. He called Apple today and they told him that the current estimated date for going out Apple's door is December 21! Looks bad for getting it in time for Christmas!

sunkist
Banned
Nov 26, 2002, 12:57 PM

I ordered the superdrive 1ghz 11am on the 6th. This was going to be my first apple, ...was. I cancelled. I know I was told a time of 4 weeks which would be the beginning of december, but with compusa and the like getting dozens or even hundreds of them and mine still not coming, I have to take that for what it is, total lack of care for the ordinary peon customer. Eat me Apple. EAT ME RAW. I hope you go out of business

-Chris

Keeg0123
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 01:17 PM

I got my power book today at 11am. I'm so excited. I ordered on the 11th but it didn't go through until the 12th. I don't know how I got it so quickly, It must of been because I would call them everyday. This one lady got my order expedited. Keep waiting the wait is worth it!

(I'm amazed with Apple, all I did was take it out of the box and hit the power button. The airport kicked in after just turning it on. So easy!)

sd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by PurdueRPh:
sd,
I ordered my SD Powerbook on 11-07-02.
I called ADC support today to ask for the status
of my order. The rep said everything got backed up
due to the lack of Superdrives. The rep said
everything is back up to speed though and shipments
are going out.
The rep also admitted to me that programmers are 2nd
in line for the powerbooks. The stores and the regular
orders are going to be fulfilled first.
The rep looked up my order, and stated that is slated to
be "released" on 12-19-02.

Joe
Looks as if you're correct. I telephoned ADC and the date has moved to 12/19 from 12/12 for shipment. The rep also confirmed what you'd mentioned that programmers are 2nd in priority to stores

CuzMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 01:44 PM

My wife just called and told me that my TI1GHZ SD just arrived. I ordered on Nov, 6 @ 10:00 AM. It looks like she will be spending Thanksgiving alone.

Peace

chelidon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 03:49 PM

Ordered 7:35am PST 11/6, edu (K-12 staff) Apple Store discount, received it today. Currently reformatting and reinstalling OS X and apps from "old" 667Mhz PB. Woot!

--Richard

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2002, 04:46 PM

MarkLT1: you should contact Apple and see if they'll refund your shipping charges (assuming you ordered it from Apple online). After all, you're getting it no faster than someone who chose standard shipping.
jjokerski-

I did.. and they did! I had 2 sperate orders- a laptop, and a backpack from Apple. The laptop I paid the extra 30 bucks for, the backpack I got the free "slow" shipping. The backpack shipped on a tuesday, and arrived in my hands on Wednesday from california. The laptop- shipped on Friday, arrived in Alaska friday night, sat in alaska for 2 days, then went to VA.. where it has sat for over 24 hours.. Fedex says the expected arrival day is Friday. Then I asked Fedex to compare shipping method between the backpack tracking number and the laptop tracking number- they were both shipped with the same priority. I brought this up to Apple, and they promptly refunded my 30 bucks..

-Mark

jjokerski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 07:51 PM

Damn it. It's STILL in VA. This completely sucks. (Well, OK, it's probably not IN VA, it's en route from VA, but still, don't they know I'm DYING OVER HERE? Is it too much to ask that it be delivered tomorrow so I can use it on Thanksgiving? OH, WOE IS ME!!!!!!

LOL! Sorry, I'm sure this is driving people nuts who aren't getting a new laptop right now. It's just that this is my first personal laptop purchase. My 4 previous ones (520c, Wall Street, Pismo, and my current 667 TiBook) were all work machines.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 27, 2002, 11:10 AM

Am I the only one whos Powerbook hasn't shipped?
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

ivi
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2002, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by goMac:
Sorry to hear that, did you try contacting Apple? Do that again and again.

Raining Down in Texas
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2002, 12:18 PM

Don't feel bad - mine hasn't shipped either. I ordered on November 8th at 5:44 am PST. Others who have posted on this thread ordered the evening of the 7th and theirs shipped a couple days ago, so I'm hoping it will be very soon.

prefect
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 12:49 PM

Nope..

I ordered mine 11/6 a few minutes after announcement and I have nothing....

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2002, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by ivi:

Sorry to hear that, did you try contacting Apple? Do that again and again.
Does that really do anything? I've called several times since ordering on 11/11, and all I ever get is a low-level Apple phone-answerer, who can't tell me anything, other than restating Apple's stock answer,"You should receive shipment 3-4 weeks from the date of your order." He/she apparently checks the order log, can't give any specific delivery date, and that's that!

Are you calling someone besides 800-MY-APPLE?

iBorg

jjokerski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 03:19 PM

It's here! It's here!

My wife called before lunch. I have it at home charging right now.

I ordered late on the 6th.

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2002, 03:25 PM

It's here! It's here!

My wife called before lunch. I have it at home charging right now.

I ordered late on the 6th.
jjokerski-

Looks like what you said about shipping was dead on. Ours shipped at the same time, and we both got them today.. sure glad Apple gave me my 30 bucks back for "expediated shipping."

I gotta say.. this PB is GREAT!!!! (/me turns into Gollum.. my precious...)

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2002, 03:29 PM

Eug kicks self for cancelling order... Well, I guess I can't complain, since I'll save a bit of dough getting it locally.

gardles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 06:55 PM

My PB was on the FedEx truck for delivery, but it still hasn't come and it is 6pm, now! How late does FedEx deliver???? I hate waiting for 4 more days! I wish they would have delivered UPS, my husband works there and he could have just brought it home with him as soon as it arrived at the center!

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by gardles:
My PB was on the FedEx truck for delivery, but it still hasn't come and it is 6pm, now! How late does FedEx deliver???? I hate waiting for 4 more days! I wish they would have delivered UPS, my husband works there and he could have just brought it home with him as soon as it arrived at the center!
Since it's on the truck, you'll get it today. I've had deliveries at almost 9pm during the holidays.
Vandelay Industries

gardles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 10:49 PM

I still don't have it and it is now almost 10pm. I live pretty far away from the FedEx Hub and out in the country. My UPS husband said that sometimes they will keep packages and wait until they have 2 or 3 deliveries before they will deliver them out, unless they are something other than Ground shipping. I don't think that is fair at all. Oh, well. He is going through the city where the hub is on Friday, he is going to try to pick it up if they are open. I can't stand waiting for 4 more days!

gardles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 11:10 PM

Scan Activity Date/Time Comments
Package statusCOLUMBUS IN 11/27/2002 19:20 Package in FedEx location
Delivery attemptCOLUMBUS IN 11/27/2002 16:09 Incorrect address
On FedEx vehicle for deliveryCOLUMBUS IN 11/27/2002 07:39
Left FedEx RampINDIANAPOLIS IN 11/27/2002 07:19
Arrived at FedEx Destination LocationCOLUMBUS IN 11/27/2002 07:10
Left FedEx Sort FacilityINDIANAPOLIS IN 11/27/2002 05:42
Arrived at Sort FacilityINDIANAPOLIS IN 11/27/2002 00:54
Left FedEx RampC.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 11/26/2002 19:45
Left FedEx Sort FacilityANCHORAGE AK 11/26/2002 14:38
Left FedEx Origin LocationTAOYUAN CITY TW 11/25/2002 17:13
Pickup statusTAOYUAN CITY TW 11/25/2002 16:56 Package received after FedEx cutoff time
Arrived at FedEx RampTA YUAN HSIANG TW 11/25/2002 15:06

My husband said that the incorrect address was just an excuse to save the driver's butt. He probably just didn't want to come out, so he put the incorrect address code in. Funny how my ipod made it just fine! Hopefully he'll be able to get it Friday for me.

nerrfhearder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 11:28 PM

Well I'm still waiting as well..... Ordered my Ti-Superdrive with the 1gig of memory and a powermate controller on 11/6 at 6:30pm with and education discount....

I called Apple today.... They said mine will ship between 12/2 and 12/6.... sigh.... I can't wait for some breathing room.... My 10gig Hd on my ibook keeps getting maxed out and 800x600 screen res is killing me while trying to do work in photoshop....

I'd make any offer necessary to the gods of the Apple to get my book soon....

remohomer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2002, 12:12 AM

As I have posted previously, I ordered at 6 am PST on 6-NOV. This was an education order, but I am pleased to say--I am a proud new owner of a PB w/SD. It arrived today and my first impressions are IT ROCKS.

No dead pixels, quiet, fast, exactly what I had hoped for.

I am a happy happy camper.

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2002, 12:16 AM

i'm jazzed for you bro

l�k

Originally posted by remohomer:
As I have posted previously, I ordered at 6 am PST on 6-NOV. This was an education order, but I am pleased to say--I am a proud new owner of a PB w/SD. It arrived today and my first impressions are IT ROCKS.

No dead pixels, quiet, fast, exactly what I had hoped for.

I am a happy happy camper.
iron sharpens iron

rusti999
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2002, 02:45 PM

I received my PB SD from MacConnection last Monday (11/25) after ordering them the previous Thursday (MacConnection shipped it Friday 11/23, read my previous post). They have a free 1GB RAM upgrade promotion (really free, no extra charges). The 1GB memory was installed when I received the unit, and they also included the original 512MB RAM. The total I paid was $2999 + $30.89 for overnight shipping (no sales tax). I'm very satisfied, and the PB rocks! This is my first ever Apple, BTW.

PurdueRPh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2002, 10:48 AM

WAHOO!!

I ordered my powerbook sd on 11-07-02 using the student ADC discount, and I finally received notification of shipment. It shipped 11-29-02.

I can't wait to finally own a Mac.

Joe

Hoosier by birth, Purdue Graduate and Mac lover by the Grace of God.

Bierkonig
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2002, 12:52 PM

PurdueRPh, what config did you order? I ordered my student-ADC-discounted 1ghz/1gb/60gb/sd on 11-06-02 @ 7:46 AM PST, and have heard nothing at all. Whenever I call, they push back the expected shipdate -- from 12/2 to 12/11, to 12/15 now. If it turns out that you maxed your ram, I'm going to flip out unless or until I get my notification today.

Noah

Originally posted by PurdueRPh:
WAHOO!!

I ordered my powerbook sd on 11-07-02 using the student ADC discount, and I finally received notification of shipment. It shipped 11-29-02.

I can't wait to finally own a Mac.

Joe

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2002, 12:59 PM

My ADC Superdrive Powerbook order (Select Developer) (ordered on the 6th) shipped!

sunkist
Banned
Nov 29, 2002, 01:17 PM

I ordered my 1ghz/superdrive at 2pm on the 6th. I received shipping notification today that it shipped the 29th at 7:20pm. I ordered through the ADC discount.

-Chris
( Last edited by sunkist; Nov 29, 2002 at 01:31 PM. )

photoeditor
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2002, 01:44 PM

Apple's shipping in my case has been exceptional. Tuesday, November 19, late afternoon, I ordered the Powerbook. (1GHz/40GBhd/1GBRAM/Combo drive). Monday, November 25, I was awakened at 8:30 by FedEx with the computer. Opened the package. Rightg away noticed a screen housing defect (two pieces of metal not all the way together). Called for repair status. They classified it as DOA, and even allowed me to switch my hard drive order to the 60 (with payment of the additional $100, of course). Replacement computer was ordered Monday afternoon, after FedEx pickup of the old one was confirmed. This morning (Friday) back came FedEx at 8:30 with the new computer. It had apparently been priority overnighted for the last leg of its journey from Anchorage, having only left Chiang Kai Shek airport in Taiwan yesterday morning (US time, yesterday evening Taiwan time).

Trying now to figure out the nuances of keeping the fan quiet. It looks as though if you get off on the "wrong foot" (i.e. installing 10.2.2 update, QuickTime update, Security update all in quick succession) the processor fan stays there. But if you start in a more sedate way, it isn't so quick to jump the gun. The fan that cools the power supply intake is MUCH less annoying.

The display is exceptional. I have it on half brightness and it is better than my Trinitron 19 inch monitor. And for everyone out there unhappy with OS X's antialiasing, I am now a believer. It is obviously designed for LCD screens. It will be interesting to hook the laptop up to the monitor, though, just to see if the Radeon 9000 in the laptop does significantly better on sharpness than the Nvidia GeForce2 in the tower.

PurdueRPh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2002, 02:21 PM

PurdueRPh, what config did you order? I ordered my student-ADC-discounted 1ghz/1gb/60gb/sd on 11-06-02 @ 7:46 AM PST, and have heard nothing at all. Whenever I call, they push back the expected shipdate -- from 12/2 to 12/11, to 12/15 now. If it turns out that you maxed your ram, I'm going to flip out unless or until I get my notification today.

Noah
I ordered the 1gHz/1gb/6gb/sd option. You might want to give them a call, especially since I am not the only one who has had theirs shipped.

Joe
Hoosier by birth, Purdue Graduate and Mac lover by the Grace of God.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2002, 03:05 PM

Sorry it took me so long to report..... but I've been busy playing with my bew PB and loading up tons of Software...

Ordered from CompUSA commercial desk on 11/15, at 1330Mountain (CompUSA for the TAP)..... Arrived Friday 22nd, late afternoon... I was out of town for three days before I could go and pick it up!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2002, 03:45 PM

My 1GHz/1GB/SD/60GB TiBook shipped today. I ordered it on 11/8 at 11am PST via Student ADC.
Vandelay Industries

Raining Down in Texas
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Raining Down in Texas:

Don't feel bad - mine hasn't shipped either. I ordered on November 8th at 5:44 am PST. Others who have posted on this thread ordered the evening of the 7th and theirs shipped a couple days ago, so I'm hoping it will be very soon.
I just got the shipping notice for my Powerbook. It isn't in the FedEx system yet, so I'm guessing it won't get here until Tuesday or Wednesday.

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2002, 05:03 PM

HOT DAMN!!!!!

Received shipping notice from Apple at 12:39pm that my TiSD/60/1Gig ram shipped today!!!! I ordered it on 11/9 (has it really only been 20 days? It seems like months of waiting!) with educational discount, standard shipping, so I expect it to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself for the next few days!!! (Please let it arrive in perfect shape with no dead pixels!!!!)

iBorg

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2002, 05:13 PM

good news iborg and yes heres to a flawless tibook for you.

l�k

Originally posted by iBorg:
HOT DAMN!!!!!

Received shipping notice from Apple at 12:39pm that my TiSD/60/1Gig ram shipped today!!!! I ordered it on 11/9 (has it really only been 20 days? It seems like months of waiting!) with educational discount, standard shipping, so I expect it to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself for the next few days!!! (Please let it arrive in perfect shape with no dead pixels!!!!)

iBorg
iron sharpens iron

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 29, 2002, 05:15 PM

So my local stores didn't get it this week. Here's hoping to next week.

sd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2002, 05:34 PM

Well, I received a shipment notice from Apple today (29th Nov). I ordered a PB 1Ghz, 1GB, SD on Nov 6 @ 11 a.m. PST with an ADC discount. Originally quoted a ship date of 12/6 or before, later changed to 12/12 then 12/19. It looks as if they're beginning to ship.

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2002, 08:03 PM

Ordered mine at about 4pm on 11/6 via ADC.

Shipped this morning. Original ETA was 12/7.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2002, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by MadBrowser:
Ordered mine at about 4pm on 11/6 via ADC.
You mean 11/16?
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

jamx100es
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 02:44 AM

God, I can't believe it finally shipped! I ordered it on the day it came out and I've been holding my breath ever since. I checked the tracking # on it and it said it was leaving Taiwan to go to Indianapolis...I live on the west coast so this is wasting a bunch of time going all the way there and back to CA. Nonetheless, I'm terribly excited about all this... Does anyone know how long it takes for 2-day shipping from Taiwan?

Forum Links
Forum Rules