Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iSub vs. JBL Creature

iSub vs. JBL Creature
iBean
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2003, 07:40 AM

Hi,
Just would like to hear from people who have tested both iSub anda JBL Creature...

How can I have a better sound, with my iMac speakers + iSub or with the JBL creature?

Thanks!
Dinis

erw
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2003, 10:32 AM

Don't know about the creatures but the iSub is poorly supported on OSX.2.3 on my DP533. It doesn't mute using the mute key and it randomly disappears requiring it to be unplugged and plugged in again. Also since I got my powermate it keeps going to full volume. But I think that is the griffin software.

When it does work it sounds very good for a computer system. Good quality bass not too bloated. Better for music than quake which can only be a good thing.

However the creatures look fantastic....

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2003, 11:08 AM

Oh, and there's one more thing... I think one of iMac speakers is blown, but I only notice it with low frequencies, like strong beats.
If I bought the iSub, will it stop "vibrating"? (since the low frequencies are handled by the sub...).

D

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2003, 12:51 PM

Id just get the Sound Sticks instead of the iSub, they are better supported in the OS too...
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2003, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by RevEvs:
Id just get the Sound Sticks instead of the iSub, they are better supported in the OS too...
Really? I though the drivers used where the same.

Anyway, they are so more expensive than just ths sub

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2003, 10:21 PM

I love the Creature speakers. They look great, and sound very good too, especially considering the tiny size.

Forum Links
Forum Rules