Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > To all JBL Creature owers out there....

To all JBL Creature owers out there....
iBean
Forum Regular
May 1, 2003, 08:20 AM

...I was wondering, where should I put the subwoofer?

In the "manual" that came with the speakers they say it's same if you put it under the desk or on the desk, beacuse it's omni-something.... But if heard that the subs should be placed under the desk.

One more thing: putting it under the desk gives me a better bass experience when I'm _at_ the desk, right? What about when I'm away from the computer? I use my mac as my jukebox and I would like to have the sound filling my all room...

Thanks in advance

gorickey
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2003, 08:39 AM

I would put it under your desk for sure; however, if you have carpet...don't place it directly on the carpet, place the sub on something hard (like a wood piece)...you will receive MUCH BETTER bass going this route for sure.

ixus_123
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2003, 10:00 AM

Bass is a non directional sound so it doesn't really matter where you put it. Positioning of the satelites is more important. Too far apart and you will have a gap in the sound stage too close and they won't inage great. Experiment and find what's best fro you.

A note on bass - if you place the sub against a wall it will amplify bass - more so if you postition it in a corner - just a tip incase you end up with too much bass and drowning out your mids.

Here is a good link - although for Hi Fi you will still find the tips useful.

http://www.whathifi.com/soundadvice.asp

it really is amazing the difference speaker positioning makes.
iBook G3 366mhz as a web server:
http://kieren.demon.co.uk/wordpress/

Forum Links
Forum Rules