Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Help, iTunes ignores my iPod after a while!!

Help, iTunes ignores my iPod after a while!!
iBean
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2003, 03:34 PM

Ok, so everything was fine with my iPod until now....

I plugged the iPod to my mac, iTunes opens, it syncs and everything is okay.

However, if I leave the iPod connected to my mac (say, for 2 hours... cause I want it charged), iTunes no longer "knows" the iPod is connected: I go to the file menu in iTunes, click "Update Songs on iPod" and nothing happens... though the iPod icon is still in the source pane in iTunes.

The iPod does keep charging and is shown in the Apple System Profiler....

Help, anyone?...

(by the way, firmware version is 2.1, iTunes 4.1 and OS 10.2.8)

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2003, 07:11 PM

Anyone...?

biscool
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2003, 07:35 PM

I am having the same type of problem. I can plug my ipod in and it will sync. If i right click on it in the itunes source list and click update "name of pod" nothing happens. This only occurs every once in a while and unplugging/plugging it back it will make it sync again. My system is a iMac 600mhz G3/Mac OS 10.2.8/iTunes 4.1/3G 10 ipod/2.1

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by biscool:
I am having the same type of problem. I can plug my ipod in and it will sync. If i right click on it in the itunes source list and click update "name of pod" nothing happens. This only occurs every once in a while and unplugging/plugging it back it will make it sync again. My system is a iMac 600mhz G3/Mac OS 10.2.8/iTunes 4.1/3G 10 ipod/2.1
Unplugging/plugging back doesn't even work with me; if I unplugged it, the iPod icon remains in the source column.

I also use it with an iMac (G3, 500mhz) but same thing has happened with my iBook.

By the way, I've noticed that after choosing Update Songs on "name of ipod" (and when nothings happens), the items on the right side of the menu bar (clock, ichat menu, volume control,etc.) freeze; if I try to click on any of them, I just get the spinning beach ball everytime the mouse is over the menu bar items. Does this happen with you, biscool?

Forum Links
Forum Rules