Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Yet another iTunes 7 bug: column size in different views

Yet another iTunes 7 bug: column size in different views
iBean
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 02:48 PM

This is *so* annoying. I have manually sized the columns so it fits the way I want in list view; however, when you change to the grouped view, the columns keep the same size they have in list view - and if you do resize them, the change will also reflect in list view!

It's silly - each view mode should keep separate column sizes as definied by the user... (please, submit this to Apple).

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by iBean
(please, submit this to Apple).
Is your mommy too busy to do it for you?

Apple - iTunes - Feedback

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 03:42 PM

(gee, I realize why I stop reading MacNN Forums: people who think they're smarter and older then you!)

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2006, 05:57 PM

I noticed the same thing and I also dislike it. Also... the browse area changes spacing sometimes when you switch to different sources. Just when I think I have my scrolling all figured out... it goes and changes on me. I wish it would just stay one way or the other way so I can size my window accordingly.

I understand your point though... I too like having all my columns the way I want (horizontal scroll bars are my enemy!).

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 06:13 PM

There's another column-related bug. First, there's a new feature on the Album column: now, unlike the other columns, if you click on the Album it does not reverse the sorting order - it changes to Album by Artist.

Now this is a great feature, it allows you to sort by artists, grouping all albums (plus, if you click on the columm agin it will sort by Album by Year).

So how do you reverse the sorting order instead of changing the criteria? You have to click on the little arrow right next to the word Album...

This is a tremedous UI flaw.

Forum Links
Forum Rules