Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro C2D display with translucent lines!

MacBook Pro C2D display with translucent lines!
iBean
Forum Regular
Dec 10, 2006, 10:54 PM

Hi there,

I just bough a MacBook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, etc. I have it for one week now.

Yesterday I started to notice a small spot on the display that looked like a stain. It looked like the display was dirty and I tried to clean it, but it was actually a small translucent line (about 10px height). I have read about the grainy MBP displays, so I though this might be related (by the way, I have a matte screen).

Today I realized that that small line is getting bigger and that more translucent lines are starting to show on the display! They are noticeable, though it's hard to see them on the photo I took.

Anyone else having this issue?

What's happening to quality control at Apple, anyway? This is not the first time I have a seriou issu with an Apple computer *weeks* after I bought it.

iBean  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2006, 08:37 AM

Update: after some hours of some, I realized the lines are actually a 'ghost' of interface elements (menu bar, windows, etc), like the screen in 'burned', the same thing that would happen on a CRT.

I left the computer turned off overnight and today all the lines and 'ghosts' were gone - tough I guess they will be back again after some hours of use

mrmister
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2006, 12:17 PM

That's pretty weird. I've never seen that so quickly--I find that very suspicious, and I think it might be an issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules