Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > HP 1220c

HP 1220c
quietjim
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 12, 2002, 10:03 PM

Anyone have any experience with the HP 1220c? We need a basic color printer that can do larger format than 8x14. Anyone using this with 10.2?

davidflas
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2002, 10:18 AM

I've had an HP 1220c for over a year and I've been very happy with it. Text is sharp, colors are vibrant, and photo quality is excellent on the HP premium plus photo paper that I use. I've printed pictures on 11X17 paper and they look like regular photographs. I've been using it under 10.1.5 and it works great. I don't have 10.2 yet, but I will in the next few days. Hope that helps.
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

quietjim  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2002, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, I really like the specs on this printer, I think we'll go ahead with it.

silverghost
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2002, 06:53 PM

ive got the same printer and i love it. if your on a network might i suggest the jet print server that comes as a option to the 1220c.

aloha
"In my madness my eyes are now open"

Avon
Senior User
Nov 14, 2002, 01:21 AM

Originally posted by silverghost:
ive got the same printer and i love it. if your on a network might i suggest the jet print server that comes as a option to the 1220c.

aloha
Id urge you to buy the print server for many people have had many problems with the HP PS series.

The specs are great, and I love the tray loading. The print heads being in the cartride is what makes the printer so appealing. I really hate it when Epsons clog up. Unfortunatley, they come with drivers from hell.

I have detailed my experience with an HP 1115 in this message board HP1115 pure junk post. Please read it over before buying the printer, you might change your mind....

davidflas
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2002, 08:49 AM

It is true that HP's drivers are the weak point of their products. My father bought an HP OfficeJet G85 all in one for his home business and has had lots of driver problems. He connected it to his beige G3/266 MT and was getting very slow print times in standard qualty mode. Times like 3 min a page!.
When he bought his QS dual gig the print times in 10.1.5 went back to normal. He has had frequent problems with the printer not showing up in print center, but overall it does work. I called HP for him, and they admitted that the drivers where the issue and that they where working to fix them.

I haven't had any of those driver issues with my 1220c in 9.2.2 or 10.1.5. I did install the newest drivers from HP and they don't work at all. I think that may be due to optimization with 10.2. After I switched back the the previous version of the drivers everything has been fine. HTH

David
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

Forum Links
Forum Rules