Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > batch compression of photos

batch compression of photos
benz
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2006, 04:07 AM

hi, i ve ~300 photos , each with size 5Mb in jpg formats, how can i batch further compress these photos to smaller size ?
thanks

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2006, 09:39 AM

It completely depends upon the image. If you own photoshop, you could try a batch process of re-saving to jpg.

th3ph17
Jun 16, 2006, 11:53 AM

Graphic Converter has good tools for batch work also.

Exizl del Fuego
Jun 16, 2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by benz
hi, i ve ~300 photos , each with size 5Mb in jpg formats, how can i batch further compress these photos to smaller size ?
thanks
A 5MB JPEG would mean these are high-res images. Are you looking to cut them down in size for something like a web graphic? Or are you looking to retain the high-res status, just with smaller file sizes?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2006, 03:56 PM

I would use Photoshop if you have it. Its very easy to set up a bactch process that will format your images exactly how you want them. Assuming of course that you want all of your images processed the same way.

The first thing you do is set up an Action in your Actions palette. Open one of your images and record the steps you do to format it the way you want. Then go to File > Automate > Batch and choose your Action. Hit the button and sit back and drink a cup of tea.

Forum Links
Forum Rules