Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ANYONE got Remote Desktop to work in 10.2?

ANYONE got Remote Desktop to work in 10.2?
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 12:28 AM

Is it just permanently broken? Has Apple forgot about it? What is going on? I don't know of anyone that has gotten it to work!

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2002, 12:47 AM

works great for me. I use it to fix my GFs ibook, my best buds littl sisters ibook and her best freinds imac while we are all away at different colleges. it messes up once inawhiel. but is pretty stable/fast for me.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 12:53 AM

In 10.2 though? I was using it no problem in 10.1 on my old server, until I updated my G4 to 10.2, then the client stopped running on this computer. My server is still running the ARD server right now.... can't use it though, pain in the ass!

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 12:56 AM

I also use it to fix my girlfriend's iBook, and control my comp remotely when I'm at her place. Both of our comps are running 10.2.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 01:01 AM

Can one of you (or both :-P) Email me the actual remote desktop .app itself? I installed, updated, re-updated, reinstalled and updated from scratch, and mine still never worked.

Kaner
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2002, 07:26 AM

you have to update it for 10.2, first it has to be installed, but then if it doesnt show up in software update there should be an updater around apple's site somewhere

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2002, 08:18 AM

Remote Desktop works great for me, here is the updater

edit : i guess you can only get it through software update in X. I swear I got the standalone updater.

Forum Links
Forum Rules