Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Using iWeb to Publish, fonts look nasty in Windows

Using iWeb to Publish, fonts look nasty in Windows
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2006, 04:31 AM

Hey everyone,

As a recent dotMac member, I started publishing a homepage using iweb, I love the simplicity of it since I am not a hardcore web code guy. Anyway, I use the default font most of the times when editing and moving around the templates that are included in iWeb. The pages and fonts look fine in iWeb and they look great in Safari. However, when I go to a windows computer and check out my website to see what it looks like for most people that access my site (from a windows computer) and I see that all the fonts are nasty, arial, and boring. The site's flavor is taken away with the boring fonts. Is there a way I can get my site to look just like they do in iWeb?

The only thing I can think of is to take a screenshot and upload my text as picture files ... but that would take a while and is a big hassle if I ever wanted to change text ... Thanks for any suggestions in advance,

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2006, 05:29 AM

If you choose a font that isn't a standard web font for your text in iWeb it will render it as a graphic for you automatically. Try it with something like Myriad.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 07:05 AM

I concur with WOPR, I just checked out my iWeb site and I'm on a pc at the moment. I used the standard fonts and everyhting looks fine.
Michael

piot
Forum Regular
Jul 17, 2006, 07:27 AM

What font are you using? URL of the site ?

If the system viewing the site doesn't have the same font installed ....... then it won't appear.

Stick to fonts common to PC and Mac.
Piot

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2006, 12:34 AM

I've been using the default fonts for my iWeb. It is palatino i believe. They all come out looking like very thin arial on windows websites.

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2006, 09:55 AM

Fonts will look terrible on Windows anyway, it anti-aliases at random and more often it doesn't at all and then even when it does it has a vomit educing anti-alias engine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules