Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Newbie Question.

Newbie Question.
dscarbro26
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2006, 12:20 AM

Guys, I just purchased a 30G video Ipod and I have a question. I am working with a computer that has a smaller hard drive so needless to say I have pretty much filled it up in the process of trying to download my CD library to itunes. My question is this, is there a way to delete songs from your itunes without losing the song from the ipod? Or would it be best to just purchase an external hard drive? I wouldn't mind deleting song from itunes if there is a way to keep them on your ipod. I just wanted to see if anyone could answer that for me. Thanks!
( Last edited by dscarbro26; Sep 28, 2006 at 01:01 AM. )

b11051973
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2006, 04:50 PM

If you delete a song from iTunes, the next time you sync your iPod, it gets deleted. I know in the preferences for the iPod, you can set to manually sync the iPod or something. That more or less means you drag what songs you want to your iPod. I'm not sure if this will help you.

External hard drives are pretty cheap. I'd just pick one up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules