Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > VPC questions

VPC questions
bma_mat99
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2004, 01:10 PM

Ok, so, a have a few questions about this. Ok, first off, will it recognise my digital camera under windows xp if i connect it through firewire, and will i be able to use it as a webcam over such chats as MSN messenger? (works in mac for iChat). Second, how big does VPC comes, how large is it, is it around 300 mega, or somewhere around 1 giga? thx.

RonnieoftheRose
Oct 9, 2004, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by bma_mat99:
Ok, so, a have a few questions about this. Ok, first off, will it recognise my digital camera under windows xp if i connect it through firewire, and will i be able to use it as a webcam over such chats as MSN messenger? (works in mac for iChat). Second, how big does VPC comes, how large is it, is it around 300 mega, or somewhere around 1 giga? thx.
VPC emulates an archaic motherboard that doesn't support firewire and only some USB 1.0 devices that don't rely too much on the CPU. Size varies depending on the OS installed.

bmhome1
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2004, 02:45 PM

No firewire support yet in VPC and webcams don't work either. Drive image (the Windows OS) an be as small as 200MB for NT up to 2-4GB for XP without any major applications installed. Best OS is 2000 at around 1GB in size and fastest in VPC.

Forum Links
Forum Rules