Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pismo PCMCIA 2.0 USB card???

Pismo PCMCIA 2.0 USB card???
bgotori
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2004, 07:45 PM

Hey All

Was wondering what 2.0 USB card PCMCIA your using???

Went to Mac Mall and the only one they had was a Belkin, but the package said it needed a third party driver to work with OS X10.3???

Thanks!!!

Brad

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Sep 24, 2004, 08:38 PM

They're not PCMCIA, which is why you're not finding any. (In fact, any USB 2 cards labeled as "PCMCIA" are mislabeled, since PCMCIA isn't fast enough for USB 2, which needs CardBus speeds.) Search for "CardBus" cards and you should have more success. Also, it's "USB 2.0", not "2.0 USB". I know it's a tiny difference, but search engines (especially those on vendor sites) can be VERY picky about things like that.

tooki

bgotori  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2004, 03:41 PM

Hey tooki

Thanks.

Do you have a USB 2.0 card that your using with a Pismo???

Thanks!!!

Brad

csean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2004, 05:37 AM

The Belkin F5U222 USB 2.0 card works great on my Pismo 500 in 10.3. No extra drivers needed. Recognized by System Profiler as "high speed USB" and transfer rates on external HD confirm that it is USB 2.0.

Chris

bmhome1
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 13, 2004, 10:57 PM

The SIIG USB2.0 PCMCIA card works great in my Pismo (512MB SD transfer in 90 seconds with Sandisk 2.0 reader). It came with driver software that I installed back in 10.2.6 and still left with 10.3.5 upgrade, although supposedly no drivers are needed since Panther.

Forum Links
Forum Rules