Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > problems with flash player

problems with flash player
gralem
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2002, 03:01 PM

I've just had problem after problem with flash. I cannot see ANY flash on any web site, no matter how simple. I think what I need to do is completely unistall the player plug-ins and reinstall flash player 6.

I've tried to go through and delete ANYTHING that could have anything to do with flash. But really, the only thing I could find was /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Shockwave Flash NP-PPC, so I blew it away. Then tried to reinstall. This does not help.

I know that at one time I think I tried to install flash 5 player plugin in ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ but I know I've removed that file, too.

Doesn't IE (or is it the standard OSX install) have default support for flash? Is there some way I can return to that point? And then simply install Flash 6?

Thanks for any advice.

---gralem

Forum Links
Forum Rules