Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Farrakhan = Terrorist

Farrakhan = Terrorist
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2015, 12:02 AM

Nation of Islam head, and Racist scumbag, Louis Farrakhan is back at it again, this time calling for black men to rise up, stalk, and kill the police.

“I’m looking for 10,000 in the midst of a million. Ten thousand fearless men who say death is sweeter than continued life under tyranny. Death is sweeter than continuing to live and bury our children while the white folks give our killers hamburgers. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400-year-old enemy [re. white people]. Death is sweeter. The Quran teaches persecution is worse than slaughter. Then it says retaliation is prescribed in matters of the slain. Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breasts of those whose children have been slain. So if the federal government won’t intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us; stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling!

http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/feds-farr...tected-speech/

Protected speech my ****ing ass. No, this is suicide bomber recruitment and he needs to be treated like any other sociopathic imam within radical Islam who works toward the same end.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2015, 11:27 AM

I get the impression Farrakhan would genuinely like it if cops started getting shot willy-nilly, but he (I assume carefully, and with the assistance of multiple lawyers) phrased his speech* to toe the line.

If challenged, he'll simply state he was referring to what should happen to cops attempting to murder black people.

Cops are not authorized to murder you, and as a citizen you are legally authorized to defend yourself with deadly force against a cop who is trying to do so.

* I forgot the official term. I figure "sermon" was even more incorrect.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2015, 11:48 AM

I'm not even sure how it can be read that way. "Stalking", thereby taking the position of the aggressor, negates the idea that you're using deadly force to defend yourself. He's calling for black men to hunt down and assassinate any officers, as some twisted type of revenge, so the police in general can "feel the pain of death". So essentially we have our own domestic version of ISIS now, but with a leader who is protected by the Justice Dept, lovely.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2015, 11:59 AM

I don't think he wants you to use my interpretation unless you're a prosecutor considering bringing him up on charges.

If I were his attorney, I would have suggested he strike "stalk", but if it went to court I'd argue "stalk" says nothing about the disposition of the target. If the target is trying to murder you, what are you supposed to do, sit still and wait for the cops to arrive? They're already there, trying to murder you.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2015, 01:51 PM

How is Farrakhan NOT going to end up dead soon ?

Surely, someone on the "other side" will see this as a challenge... :-/

-t

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
How is Farrakhan NOT going to end up dead soon ?

Surely, someone on the "other side" will see this as a challenge... :-/

-t
He's been treated fro prostate cancer, so know telling how long he's got.

I wonder if this is a result of his "sermon"
Sheriff's deputy shot while pumping gas at patrol car - CNN.com

A man shot a uniformed sheriff's deputy "execution-style" while he fueled his patrol car in the Houston area, killing him instantly, authorities said.

Deputy Darren H. Goforth, 47, was returning to his car after pumping gas Friday night.

The gunman walked up from behind him and opened fire for no apparent reason, Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said.

When Goforth fell to the ground, the gunman stood over him and shot him some more, authorities said. He died at the scene.

"He was literally gunned down in what appears to be an unprovoked, execution-style killing," Hickman said. "I have been in law enforcement for 45 years, I have never seen anything this cold-blooded."
News from The Associated Press
( Last edited by Chongo; Aug 30, 2015 at 07:08 PM. )
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2015, 05:33 PM

He mentions retribution more than once so he can't dismiss it as a call to defend yourselves, its a clear incitement to break the law
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2015, 06:57 PM

Is there another section of the speech? He says retaliation, not retribution in this part.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2015, 07:50 PM

How is Farrakhan NOT going to end up dead soon?
A flying wedge of linebacker sized dudes.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2015, 10:56 PM

While CTP et al get their collective panties in a wad allow me to chime in with this salient point. Farrakhan has been talking sh*t since the 1960's. Nearly all of his peers in the "Black Nationalist" movement ... including his mentor Malcolm X ... are DEAD. And yet he's in his 80's. Cogitate on that for moment and then ask yourself if I need to elaborate further.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Is there another section of the speech? He says retaliation, not retribution in this part.
Big difference between retribution and retaliation, the former implies righteous payback for personal wrongs while the latter could mean any kind of revenge.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
While CTP et al get their collective panties in a wad allow me to chime in with this salient point.
What. the. ****. is wrong with you? I'm just going to ignore you for the rest of this thread, and I'd appreciate it if others did the same. Go away.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 05:01 AM

A flying wedge of linebacker sized dudes.
Who are always armed, regardless of local CWP laws. If any religious figure in the USA is above the law, it's him.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2015, 06:28 AM

My bad. Retribution sounds more biblical/koranical.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2015, 07:45 AM

While CTP et al get their collective panties in a wad allow me to chime in with this salient point. Farrakhan has been talking sh*t since the 1960's. Nearly all of his peers in the "Black Nationalist" movement ... including his mentor Malcolm X ... are DEAD. And yet he's in his 80's. Cogitate on that for moment and then ask yourself if I need to elaborate further.

OAW
Oh, so it's ok because he's always been doing that ?
Roger that.

How about we apply the same standard to he KKK.

-t

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 08:14 AM

For some reason I suspect David Duke wouldn't receive protection from the Justice Dept. At least the Southern Poverty Law Center recently placed the Nation of Islam back on their list of hate groups, after taking it off for a while. I suppose there really are some truths that are impossible to ignore.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2015, 02:23 PM

OAW
I have a gift for not getting the proper intent, so I actually would like further elaboration.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 03:40 PM

I
I have a gift for not getting the proper intent, so I actually would like further elaboration.
My point is that this ....

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
No, this is suicide bomber recruitment and he needs to be treated like any other sociopathic imam within radical Islam who works toward the same end.
... is quite at odds with the reality I posted. Farrakhan has a long history of inflammatory and in some instances racist rhetoric. What he does NOT have is a history of violence. Any and all of his peers who ever were or even perceived to be an actual security threat were killed. COINTELPRO was no joke. Just saying ...

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Aug 31, 2015 at 04:43 PM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2015, 03:44 PM

So, what you're saying is that his speeches are just verbal masturbation, but not meant to be carried out or acted on.

Bullshit.

-t

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 03:50 PM

So, what you're saying is that his speeches are just verbal masturbation, but not meant to be carried out or acted on.

Bullshit.

-t
Feel free to cite any references tying Farrakhan to acts of violence. The Nation of Islam (NOI) as an organization has a very limited history of violence ... all of which was internecine in nature. And that was in the 1960s in the immediate aftermath of Malcolm X leaving the organization. And given the realities of the COINTELPRO program it's debatable how much of that was truly the action of the NOI.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Aug 31, 2015 at 05:17 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 05:32 PM

Bullshit.

-t
He's saying that Farrakhan is a harmless, powerless, old racist who is only talking shit... to the 1000s of people who come expressly for the chance to hear him just talk shit. His hate group is different than the other hate groups, I assure you, it's strictly for entertainment purposes only*.

* and I'm sure has nothing to do with the epidemic of cop killings since the speech was given, those are merely a huge coincidence...

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
* and I'm sure has nothing to do with the epidemic of cop killings since the speech was given, those are merely a huge coincidence...
1. Farrakhan gave this speech on July 30, 2015 according to CTP's own reference.

2. There have been 6 police officers "feloniously killed" in the line of duty in the month of August 2015.

3. How does that compare to the national average one might ask ... or at least should ask before making baseless commentary?

4. 64/12 = 5.33 police officers "feloniously killed" per month on average. It would seem 5.33 vs. 6 is quite the "epidemic" in CTP's opinion. Yeah. Ok.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Aug 31, 2015 at 06:17 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 06:54 PM

If a person was trying to defend a racist shitbag like Farrakhan, like one of our members in particular (who also likes to run fast and loose with statistics for his own agenda), they might look at police murders over a wide range of years (like a decade) to water them down, instead of looking at the average over the last 3 years, which would be more accurate since the national average has dropped substantially over the last 10. Also, they might fudge the number of cop slayings, from 7 down to 6, and only look at the deaths from shooting (ignoring the officer who was slain in a hit and run). So then we'd have a more honest average of 3.5 /month vs the 7 in August, an increase of 100%.

Going even further, police homicides by gunfire had been down for the year (only 17 from Jan 1st to July 31st, an avg of 2.42), until August which has had 6, 5 of them allegedly (they've not been convicted yet) perpetrated by young black men... the very people Farrakhan called upon to start murdering cops. All coincidence? Maybe. However, telling your followers to hunt down public servants in the line of duty, further exacerbating racial tensions, is a shit stain thing to do, and if there is a hell, he's earned his one-way ticket there.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 08:03 PM

If a person was trying to defend a racist shitbag like Farrakhan,
Yeah that didn't take long. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to take the bait. Sorry.

like one of our members in particular (who also likes to run fast and loose with statistics for his own agenda), they might look at police murders over a wide range of years (like a decade) to water them down, instead of looking at the average over the last 3 years, which would be more accurate since the national average has dropped substantially over the last 10.
Interesting "theory". I'd encourage everyone to just take a look at the graph again ....

2011 and 2013 were outlier years. The former being unusually high and the latter being unusually low compared to the average over time. So let's for the sake of discussion try to avoid skewing the average with those figures. If one doesn't factor in these outlier years we are looking at an average of 51.4 per year "felonious killings" of police officers. Or an average of 4.2 per month. I mean if you are going to eliminate the outliers it's only intellectually honest to do them all right? But what happens when one only wants to look at the last 3 years which oh so conveniently still includes the outlier year that is atypically low? Well then that yearly average drops to 42.3 per year or 3.5 per month. So who's really playing "fast and loose" with statistics here?

Also, they might fudge the number of cop slayings, from 7 down to 6, and only look at the deaths from shooting (ignoring the officer who was slain in a hit and run). So then we'd have a more honest average of 3.5 /month vs the 7 in August, an increase of 100%.
Wow ... he actually went there huh? Ok. Per the source I cited that CTP claims I'm trying to "fudge" we have these automobile related deaths of police officers in Aug. 2015:

Deputy Sheriff Delton Daniels
Marlboro County Sheriff's Office, SC
EOW: Saturday, August 1, 2015
Cause of Death: Automobile accident
Deputy Sheriff Craig Stephen Whisenand
Tazewell County Sheriff's Office, IL
EOW: Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Sergeant Peggy Vassallo
Bellefontaine Neighbors Police Department, MO
EOW: Monday, August 24, 2015
Cause of Death: Struck by vehicle
Trooper James M. Bava
Missouri State Highway Patrol, MO
EOW: Friday, August 28, 2015
Trooper Chad H. Wolf
Michigan State Police, MI
EOW: Friday, August 28, 2015
Cause of Death: Motorcycle accident
ALL of them except one were clearly listed as "Automobile (motorcycle) accident". So the only one that CTP could possibly be referring to as a "hit and run" is the one involving Sgt. Vassallo which was listed as "Struck by vehicle". Ok cool. Now have I mentioned this took place just a few miles away from where in live in STL? You see that's important because I knew CTP's "hit and run" comment was completely full of sh*t as soon as he said it because the story was all over the news around here. But for the benefit of the thread participants and viewers who in all likelihood aren't familiar with this situation I'll just post this ...

Vassallo, 53, died Monday after being struck by a car on her way to work. She was in uniform and was driving her Jeep Cherokee when she rear-ended a Kia Amanti on eastbound Lindbergh Boulevard just west of Old Jamestown Road near the defunct Jamestown Mall. The collision caused minor damage.

Vassallo got out of her Jeep to check on the woman in the Kia and approached the Kia’s passenger side. Bellefontaine Neighbors Police Chief Jeremy Ihler said Vassallo called for an ambulance because the woman complained of neck injuries.

She was talking with dispatchers when an eastbound Ford Fusion swerved around the stopped vehicles and struck Vassallo. The impact caved in the Fusion’s windshield and knocked off one of Vassallo’s shoes.

Police believe the driver of the Fusion tried to avoid Vassallo but was going too fast to stop. Vassallo was pronounced dead at DePaul Health Center about 11:30 a.m.

The women driving the Amanti and Fusion stayed at the crash scene and were cooperating with investigators. St. Louis County police withheld their identities.
Community remembers Bellefontaine Neighbors police sergeant hit and killed by vehicle : St. Louis Post-Dispatch

So no. There was no "hit and run" whatsoever. It was simply a tragic accident. But CTP tried to claim that it was some sort of criminal act and was banking on everyone finding that to be a plausible scenario since the cause of death was listed as "Struck by vehicle". Perhaps he didn't realize Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO is part of STL County? In any event, he then goes on to utilize this utterly bogus claim in his calculations. But I'm the one supposedly "fudging" huh?

Going even further, police homicides by gunfire had been down for the year (only 17 from Jan 1st to July 31st, an avg of 2.42), until August which has had 6, 5 of them allegedly (they've not been convicted yet) perpetrated by young black men... the very people Farrakhan called upon to start murdering cops. All coincidence? Maybe. However, telling your followers to hunt down public servants in the line of duty, further exacerbating racial tensions, is a shit stain thing to do, and if there is a hell, he's earned his one-way ticket there.
And this here is so full of fail I really shouldn't even bother. Especially in light of what I've already demonstrated. But just for sh*ts and giggles I'll respond with some quick bullet points because I need to get dinner on ...

Assumptions
  • The "young black men" in question even know who Farrakhan is.
  • The "young black men" in question are followers of Farrakhan.
  • The "young black men" in question even heard Farrakhan's speech on July 30.

Other Observations
  • There were 9 "felonious killings" of police officers in May 2015. Two months before Farrakhan's speech. Nearly double the 5 allegedly committed by "young black men" in August 2015 supposedly at Farrakhan's behest in CTP's dubious opinion. Imagine that.
  • "5 of them allegedly (they've not been convicted yet) perpetrated by young black men" was offered with no references whatsoever. Given CTP's "hit and run" debacle above please excuse me if I (and I'm sure many others) don't simply take his word for it that part is even true.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Aug 31, 2015 at 08:39 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 09:07 PM

*the typical bullshit post full of misdirection*
I will admit I made a mistake with the vehicular homicide incident and misread a reddit post. The rest still stands, though, despite the continued defense of the indefensible. Don't worry Farrakhan, OAW will get your back, and even run damage control for you when you call for slaughtering of innocent people. It's just the classy thing to do, after all.

It's shamefully disgusting and I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2015, 09:15 PM

I will admit I made a mistake with the vehicular homicide incident and misread a reddit post.
Well perhaps there's hope for you yet. Carry on.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2015, 04:38 PM

The thoughts of a conservative black man: War on Police | Josiah McElroy

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Josiah McElroy
The police in America are under attack. Instead of simply condemning the bad officers, we are now collectively condemning the whole profession. Irresponsible leaders have called for the killing of police officers. This action holds in contempt not only police officers, but all of the law-abiding citizens.
Total straw-man argument. No one who is speaking out against systemic police brutality is "collectively condemning the whole profession". But the fact remains that "bad officers" are a lot more prevalent than some would care to admit. Especially when the actions of said "bad officers" don't impact their community nearly as much as it does other communities. It's much easier to simply accuse those speaking out against it of holding an extreme position so they can be dismissed out of hand rather than facing reality.

When officers are threatened with their lives in this way, it hinders them from performing their jobs to the best of their ability. In turn, this leaves law-abiding citizens at the mercy of criminals. the idea that all police officers are terrible humans simply because of a few bad officers, is just as idiotic as the idea that all black people are thugs. There needs to be a condemnation of lawless people who murder police officers in cold blood.
Indeed. As there also needs to be a condemnation of lawless police officers who murder unarmed civilians in cold blood.

For the most part, if one is a law-abiding citizen, one will not have problems with officers. There are cases where this is not true, however, that is not the norm.
First of all, there is is a vast gulf between "for the most part" and "that is not the norm". Just in general so I really could leave it at that. But this is a prime example of why I often say conservative ideology can often trump (pun intended) simple logic and common sense. This statement is simply demonstrably false. Talk to young black and brown men in NYC or Baltimore or any other major urban area that has instituted so-called "broken windows policing". In fact... don't take their word for it because it's easier for some to believe they are all suffering from some sort of mass hallucination. Better yet ... look at the Stop and Frisk statistics from these cities. The numbers are telling you in black-and-white that black and brown men are routinely having "problems with officers" and the vast majority of them are, in fact, "law-abiding citizens".

The issue we have now in America is the idea that people can do whatever they want without consequences. That is wrongheaded thinking. Anarchy inevitably leads to tyranny.
Like those two cops who just shot and killed an unarmed, shirtless man with his hands in the air?

The people of the United States of America need to stand up for police officers. We also need to stand up for just laws. America cannot afford to be destroyed from within by empty rhetoric and violent outbreaks. We, as a people, need to unite and stand for true justice. Murdering police officers is not justice.
Indeed. Murdering police officers is not justice. But there's never been any shortage of people "standing up for police officers". That's always been the default position. That's why the dirty ones routinely get away with their shenanigans. But times are changing and the public is finally starting to see what some of us have been experiencing for decades. And they are starting to realize that standing for "true justice" isn't necessarily accomplished by blindly accepting the word of a police officer when a questionable use of force occurs.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post

I wonder if this is a result of his "sermon"
Sheriff's deputy shot while pumping gas at patrol car - CNN.com

It would appear this is the more likely explanation ....

A man charged with murder in the ambush of a suburban Houston sheriff's deputy had a history of mental illness and was once declared mentally incompetent, according to authorities and his former attorney.
Miles' criminal history dates back to 2005 and includes an arrest in Austin in 2012 that led to his being sent to a state mental hospital for several months.

In 2012, the Travis County District Attorney's Office charged Miles with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he got into a fight at a homeless shelter over a remote control, prosecutor Joe Frederick said. Miles was found to be mentally incompetent in October 2012 and was sent to North Texas State Hospital in Vernon, Texas.

"From this case, you could never tell what would happen" in the future, Frederick said, adding that prosecutors treated the case as a "very serious offense" and had offered Miles a plea agreement of seven years in prison. Miles was declared mentally competent in February 2013, but the charge was dropped after the victim could not be located, Frederick said.

Jon Evans, Miles' attorney in the Austin case, said medical privacy laws prevent him from offering any details about Miles' mental illness history. But he was told by Miles' mother that her son had a lifelong history of mental illness.
Suspect in Houston-area officer attack had history of mental illness - LA Times

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2015, 06:31 AM

It does seem that either your cops have been getting worse lately or the prevalence of camera phones, CCTV and body cams has revealed just how bad they were being all along. I'm actually surprised a backlash hasn't happened sooner, especially in places where they seem particularly bad and are particularly shameless and blatant at exonerating themselves without much due process or evidence.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
or the prevalence of camera phones, CCTV and body cams has revealed just how bad they were being all along.
That's almost entirely it, the numbers of deaths/homicides perpetrated by cops, like the overall national average, is actually on the decline. The media picks up on them much more quickly than they did before, and the internet has turned everyone with a phone into an amateur journalist. Question: Do you actually believe that most Russians drive around in a constant state of road rage? I hope not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules