Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0

Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0 (Page 5)
Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2016, 05:45 AM

Check out the privilege on display here, and I'm not talking about the poor little white guy being bullied. WTF? Why didn't he just whip out his enormous white privilege and beat these assholes down?

Yes, the pair of oppressive bitches are student leaders. Disgusting. Someone needs to inform them that vikings wore dreads, and so did the Picts and Greeks. In fact, he looks more like a Pict than they look African. they need a ****ing history lesson. "Cultural appropriation" my ass.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2016, 07:13 AM

Liberal Indoctrination. What do you expect? Education? LOL!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2016, 07:45 AM

I went to high school in the late '70's. I knew two guys, one Mexican and the other Anglo. Neither has any African genes that i know of, yet both had what these idiots would call "culturally misappropriated" hair.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2016, 11:55 AM

The bud should be in High Times.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Check out the privilege on display here, and I'm not talking about the poor little white guy being bullied. WTF? Why didn't he just whip out his enormous white privilege and beat these assholes down?

Yes, the pair of oppressive bitches are student leaders. Disgusting. Someone needs to inform them that vikings wore dreads, and so did the Picts and Greeks. In fact, he looks more like a Pict than they look African. they need a ****ing history lesson. "Cultural appropriation" my ass.
Let me be clear about this. This chick is tripping. It's just not that serious.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2016, 05:58 PM

The college is investigating and this same duo hangs out and does this regularly; grabbing, blocking, and abusing, it's how they get their kicks. Reverse the ethnicities and we would have seen a riot on the campus, then it would have been "serious", right? "Blacks can't be racist, because that requires power and privilege", so goes the social justice mantra. Look at the little red-haired guy, does he look like he has privilege? Hell no, but that's what's being shoved down students' throats day-in and day-out in liberal arts universities.

She's having a ball, abusing the weaker students always makes her happy ("Hold him down and let's cut these off, you got some scissors?", she asked)... right up until the moment she realizes she's being recorded. Oops.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2016, 12:32 AM

That_Guy_T drops the mic.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2016, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
The bud should be in High Times.
Back in the day he a had a subscription. Today he's a Trump supporter.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 7, 2016, 06:17 PM

The prudish, regressive Left back at it again. There's nothing more Feminist than making sure professional working women have fewer opportunities, right?

Guitar World publisher set to cease employing bikini-clad models in gear guide magazines | MusicRadar

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 7, 2016, 11:44 PM

The hits from the crazed Regressives keep rolling in today:

Mom Unleashes Fury After Spanish Teacher Sends Children Home With This ‘Privilege’ Assignment | Video | TheBlaze.com

A Spanish teacher requesting sexual information from 7th graders? What the ****?! What does that have to do with teaching a language? The kids didn't even know what many of the terms meant, which isn't surprising since they're only 12 years old. Oh, and WTG trying to throw white guilt on to little children, I guess you can never start too soon, eh?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2016, 11:40 AM

More skullduggery ar work. There are two other threads that I could post this. The one with "religious liberty" in the title is centered on toilets so I chose this one.

It seems this is what W.F. Buckley was referring to when he siad the following:

Rise of the Anti-Choice Left
The abortion and LGBT movements showed this week that instead of choice, their new agenda is to ban healthcare choices that would disagree with their ideology.
Religious Liberty -- Tennessee's Counselor & Therapist Protections Aren’t Hate
This is subtitled
Why Do LGBT Radicals Want to Cleanse the Counseling Profession of Christians?
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2016, 12:18 PM

I think it's odd when people tee-off on the ACLU for using the judicial system the way it was designed to be used.

We're allowed to challenge the law in this country. This is indisputably a feature and not a bug.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2016, 12:33 PM

If birth will almost assuredly kill the mother and the viability of the fetus almost assuredly nil, isn't failing to do so a violation of the Hippocratic oath? I think one can make the argument it's murder.

What is the Biblical basis for picking one over the other?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2016, 01:08 PM

First do no harm. So how would killing the infant fit in?

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2016, 01:11 PM

Because in this scenario not doing so would kill the mother. That's doing harm.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2016, 02:07 PM

Is there no scenario where the morally correct thing to do is choose the life of the mother over that of the unborn child?

Not a single one? Ever? In the history of all mankind?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2016, 03:08 PM

If birth will almost assuredly kill the mother and the viability of the fetus almost assuredly nil, isn't failing to do so a violation of the Hippocratic oath? I think one can make the argument it's murder.
What Hippocratic Oath? The Hippocratic Oath is no longer administered in the US.
What is the Biblical basis for picking one over the other?
Is there no scenario where the morally correct thing to do is choose the life of the mother over that of the unborn child?

Not a single one? Ever? In the history of all mankind?

I've explained the principal of double effect before.
The ACLU is trying to force Catholic hospitals and others to perform elective abortions, not just when the "life of the mother" is involved.
There are doctors who specialize in high risk pregnancies, yes? If the ACLU were suing for "life of the mother" cases, those doctors would not be needed.

Dr. Gianna Baretta Molla made a choice.

St. Gianna Beretta Molla | Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org
( Last edited by Chongo; Apr 19, 2016 at 04:23 PM. )
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2016, 08:06 PM

Sorry, the BC thread was to old to post in. The Obama administration just killed it's HHS case
Obama Admin Admits It Could Have Respected Nuns’ Religious Freedom After All
It may have taken five years, numerous regulatory updates, hundreds of legal battles, and two trips to the Supreme Court, but the government has finally admitted that, well, maybe it was wrong about the Health and Human Services mandate. In a brief filed at the Supreme Court this week in the Little Sisters case, the Obama administration told the justices that it could have mandated insurers issue separate contraceptive and abortion-inducing drug coverage to those who want it without hijacking the health plans of religious employers. This could spell big trouble for the government’s defense of the mandate.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2016, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
I've explained the principal of double effect before.
The ACLU is trying to force Catholic hospitals and others to perform elective abortions, not just when the "life of the mother" is involved.
There are doctors who specialize in high risk pregnancies, yes? If the ACLU were suing for "life of the mother" cases, those doctors would not be needed.

Dr. Gianna Baretta Molla made a choice.

St. Gianna Beretta Molla | Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org
If the ACLU wants to force them to perform elective abortions, this case is not an example. The basis of their claim is that failing to perform an abortion has caused injury.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2016, 10:40 PM

If the ACLU wants to force them to perform elective abortions, this case is not an example. The basis of their claim is that failing to perform an abortion has caused injury.
Still, the ultimate goal is forcing elective abortion on the hospitals and doctors/nurses.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2016, 12:31 AM

What is your evidence for this?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2016, 04:26 AM

45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2016, 07:01 AM

The ACLU doesn't run the California legislature.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2016, 05:39 PM

The ACLU doesn't run the California legislature.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2016, 01:03 PM

From a class on Social Justice: "Science is a social construct."

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2016, 05:06 PM

From a class on Social Justice: "Science is a social construct."

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis cautioned on Monday that gender ideologies from the wealthy Western world are being imposed on developing nations by tying them to foreign aid and education, in a form of “ideological colonization.”

Read more: Pope Francis Warns West Over ‘Ideological Colonization’ | Daily News | NCRegister.com
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Apr 30, 2016, 07:25 PM

Science is a social construct? WTF?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 30, 2016, 07:38 PM

Why is it that many conservatives here don't seem to really dig the batshit crazy politician thread, but seem to love this thread about random crazy stuff occurring in the general population? I mean, is it not surprising that your general population is going to think and do some crazy stuff?

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 30, 2016, 08:05 PM

Much of it is in the halls of higher learning.

A rather narrow subset of the general population, no?

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2016, 10:47 PM

Much of it is in the halls of higher learning.

A rather narrow subset of the general population, no?
Yeah, he's missed the point, these are the people who teach our kids and, at 18-24, their bullshit detectors aren't as developed.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 30, 2016, 10:55 PM

Yeah, he's missed the point, these are the people who teach our kids and, at 18-24, their bullshit detectors aren't as developed.

This is such a tired argument.

If they are that impressionable at age 18-24, it doesn't matter whether they get ideas from school, their friends, Fox News, MSNBC, or books, they haven't learned how to think for themselves yet. You can't shield people from ideas, this isn't the 1950s when you had to work to find certain ideas, but hopefully between the age of 18-24 you can also teach critical thinking. You don't teach this by coddling people and keeping ideas from them either, you give them the totality and entire spectrum of viewpoint and let them sort things out.

Being exposed to ideas in school is no threat or cause for worry. It takes more than a course or teacher to brainwash and indoctrinate (as opposed to just influence or expose to new ideas), indoctrination isn't that easy.

I think the real skullduggery is conservatives going bananas over what they think happens in schools, and the affect this has.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
This is such a tired argument.

If they are that impressionable at age 18-24, it doesn't matter whether they get ideas from school, their friends, Fox News, MSNBC, or books, they haven't learned how to think for themselves yet. You can't shield people from ideas, this isn't the 1950s when you had to work to find certain ideas, but hopefully between the age of 18-24 you can also teach critical thinking. You don't teach this by coddling people and keeping ideas from them either, you give them the totality and entire spectrum of viewpoint and let them sort things out.

Being exposed to ideas in school is no threat or cause for worry. It takes more than a course or teacher to brainwash and indoctrinate (as opposed to just influence or expose to new ideas), indoctrination isn't that easy.

I think the real skullduggery is conservatives going bananas over what they think happens in schools, and the affect this has.
That makes no sense at all. Because they could get bad ideas anywhere we shouldn't root out such backwards thinking when we find it at colleges, the places where our youth are supposed to be learning facts? The places that are funded by our tax dollars? I don't mind if outlandish theories are talked about in university, it's the setting for exploring all ideological positions, but such regressive ideologies, like intersectionality and social justice, are being presented as unassailable truths by people in positions of authority, without even the benefit of critical analysis.

It's no wonder these snowflakes go apeshit when their views are challenged, see the "Triggered" thread, the glue that holds together their ideological world is being tampered with and they don't know what to do, except throw tantrums and then run back to their "Safe Spaces". It's sad, really.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 12:44 AM

And here I thought schools were trying to shield their delicate snowflake students with safe spaces, and overly politically correct victim mentalities and narratives.

IMHO, they can "teach" their students whatever bs their hearts desire. When they get to the real world they should not be able to vote out the rights(specifically property) of other citizens who had a better education than them. If they want to be collectivists and communists they can start their communes on their own without a single penny coming from government or unwilling fellow citizens.

... places that are funded by our tax dollars? :err
I wonder if it is time for "public" universities to start adhering to public law. If they break the law they forfeit public funding. Starting with racial and gender profiling for affirmative action and then with the first amendment and the absurd "safe spaces".

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 01:05 AM

That makes no sense at all. Because they could get bad ideas anywhere we shouldn't root out such backwards thinking when we find it at colleges, the places where our youth are supposed to be learning facts? The places that are funded by our tax dollars? I don't mind if outlandish theories are talked about in university, it's the setting for exploring all ideological positions, but such regressive ideologies, like intersectionality and social justice, are being presented as unassailable truths by people in positions of authority, without even the benefit of critical analysis.

It's no wonder these snowflakes go apeshit when their views are challenged, see the "Triggered" thread, the glue that holds together their ideological world is being tampered with and they don't know what to do, except throw tantrums and then run back to their "Safe Spaces". It's sad, really.

I don't understand why you seem to have these regular sample size issues. You take an issue like this, and blow this up into some sort of recurring pattern that is cause for consternation and, seemingly some sort of call for action or intervention.

You are going to get people presenting what they think is true in school, media, church or anywhere else. People are people whether your tax dollars are behind them or not. Why do you put so much thought and energy into getting worked up over this stuff? It's just weird, especially for somebody that seems to take pride in his unusual life.

I say worry about the big stuff and don't sweat the small stuff.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
And here I thought schools were trying to shield their delicate snowflake students with safe spaces, and overly politically correct victim mentalities and narratives.

IMHO, they can "teach" their students whatever bs their hearts desire. When they get to the real world they should not be able to vote out the rights(specifically property) of other citizens who had a better education than them. If they want to be collectivists and communists they can start their communes on their own without a single penny coming from government or unwilling fellow citizens.

I wonder if it is time for "public" universities to start adhering to public law. If they break the law they forfeit public funding. Starting with racial and gender profiling for affirmative action and then with the first amendment and the absurd "safe spaces".

The same point applies to you. Out of all of the thousands of schools and thousands of teachers out there, why get worked up over this? None of this is any threat to anybody, stuff is going to happen inside and outside of schools, whether it is communism or vegans having sex with gay pregnant goats.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 02:23 AM

I don't understand why you seem to have these regular sample size issues. You take an issue like this, and blow this up into some sort of recurring pattern that is cause for consternation and, seemingly some sort of call for action or intervention.

You are going to get people presenting what they think is true in school, media, church or anywhere else. People are people whether your tax dollars are behind them or not. Why do you put so much thought and energy into getting worked up over this stuff? It's just weird, especially for somebody that seems to take pride in his unusual life.

Indoctrination of our youth with blatant lies is a serious issue, it's bad enough the Religious Right does it, but now we have supposed Liberals in public universities following suit, en masse, with over 90% of social science professors in on it. Your perspective on what constitutes "small stuff" is ****ing bizarre.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 09:53 AM

Indoctrination of our youth with blatant lies is a serious issue, it's bad enough the Religious Right does it, but now we have supposed Liberals in public universities following suit, en masse, with over 90% of social science professors in on it. Your perspective on what constitutes "small stuff" is ****ing bizarre.

It's not indoctrination because it is not systemic, nor organized, it is anecdotal and random (and relatively rare), and not worth getting worked up over for a number of reasons including the fact that this has no solution aside from examining each case and taking appropriate action, just like you do for other random, crazy, and irrational things that people do.

It sounds like you want to create legislation to prevent vegans having sex with gay pregnant goats or something.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 11:02 AM

It's not indoctrination because it is not systemic, nor organized, it is anecdotal and random (and relatively rare), and not worth getting worked up over for a number of reasons including the fact that this has no solution aside from examining each case and taking appropriate action, just like you do for other random, crazy, and irrational things that people do.

It sounds like you want to create legislation to prevent vegans having sex with gay pregnant goats or something.

What you have on campuses, is a rabid left (which is the real far right), which is denying individuals in their institutions, through nuisances and thuggery from participating and contributing to the open and free exchange of ideas. Whether they are a majority or minority is inconsequential. You have a group (libertarians, conservatives, republicans) who are constantly threatened with mobs and thug like behavior.

I wonder how you would respond if the opposite was happening, with conservatives protesting, threatening, disrupting,etc... "leftist"/"communist"/whatever speakers and groups?

The only required legislation is already on the books. The thing required is the enforcement of said laws.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 11:31 AM

Just looking at the headlines.... it is so annoying to see the most regressive, destructive policies being promoted as "progressive" and "liberal".

"Sanders Fights On for 'the Strongest Progressive Agenda That Any Political Party Has Ever Seen'" - "The Nation"

And some people, despite all we KNOW from *recent* history, actually support this? *sakes head*.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 11:51 AM

You don't teach this by coddling people and keeping ideas from them either, you give them the totality and entire spectrum of viewpoint and let them sort things out.
This! This! A thousand times this!

Besson, the single through-line from almost every example from all of these threads is a direct and explicit rejection of this value.

Someone who rejects this idea scares me.

Monique
Mac Elite
May 1, 2016, 12:38 PM

You cannot do anything about boys because all they want is sex, not companionship, not friendship, not a discussion just sex.

As for girls when a man gives you compliments it is because he wants sex, that's it.

Men do not love like a woman, for them it is the outside and many many years later they might look at the inside of a person. It is sad but girls are still raised in believing in love when at the time of their teenage years it does not exist from teenage boys. Why can't parents raise their daughters in being cynical, being able to physically fight (you can teach them to hit and it would not hurt); if a boy tells her that she is wonderful and he is so sad and the only way she can make it better is to take off her clothes, he is lying, he just want to see a girl naked and make her life a living hell.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 12:44 PM

I don't agree with you... but it is great to see your name around again!

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 01:07 PM

What you have on campuses, is a rabid left (which is the real far right), which is denying individuals in their institutions, through nuisances and thuggery from participating and contributing to the open and free exchange of ideas. Whether they are a majority or minority is inconsequential. You have a group (libertarians, conservatives, republicans) who are constantly threatened with mobs and thug like behavior.

I wonder how you would respond if the opposite was happening, with conservatives protesting, threatening, disrupting,etc... "leftist"/"communist"/whatever speakers and groups?

The only required legislation is already on the books. The thing required is the enforcement of said laws.
Here, here!

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
You cannot do anything about boys because all they want is sex, not companionship, not friendship, not a discussion just sex.

As for girls when a man gives you compliments it is because he wants sex, that's it.
Wait... what?

Men do not love like a woman, for them it is the outside and many many years later they might look at the inside of a person. It is sad but girls are still raised in believing in love when at the time of their teenage years it does not exist from teenage boys. Why can't parents raise their daughters in being cynical, being able to physically fight (you can teach them to hit and it would not hurt); if a boy tells her that she is wonderful and he is so sad and the only way she can make it better is to take off her clothes, he is lying, he just want to see a girl naked and make her life a living hell.
This is misandry.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 01:15 PM

This! This! A thousand times this!

Besson, the single through-line from almost every example from all of these threads is a direct and explicit rejection of this value.

Someone who rejects this idea scares me.
Absolutely, students don't need Safe Spaces, they need asbestos underwear. When academia started thinking with their feelings, they were screwed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2016, 02:36 PM

The left took over the schools in the 1970's
I've mentioned this before. I was in 7th grade in 1974 when the first crop of "warm fuzzy/,cold prickly" participation trophy, situational ethics AKA moral relivitism teachers started hitting the public schools. They stopped teaching how to think and started teaching what to think.

One day we had to participate in a " what would you do" situational ethics scenarios. One scenarios involved two male coworkers. One noticed the other did not appeared interested in the women at work, so the other hits on him. The one kid handled pretty well. His response was " Hey I may not be interested in women, but I'm even less interested in men"
Remember, this is 7th graders in 1974.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2016, 09:54 PM

It sounds like you have sample size issues too.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2016, 01:05 AM

You're out of touch with college campus and corporate life.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2016, 04:36 PM

These are CAMPUS COURSES. They're actual Social Justice "classes", in public (taxpayer-funded) universities, being "taught" across America:

This is a dangerous CULT, it's pure indoctrination, the same as you'd find in a radical religious-Right bible camp. Only it's not in a bible camp, it's not even on private property, everyone who lives in the USA is paying for this blatant mind-f*ckery, and what's worse, it's an ideology that is solely targeting young people by people in positions of authority.

It's not indoctrination because it is not systemic, nor organized, it is anecdotal and random (and relatively rare)
Bullshit.

Everyone needs to sign this: https://www.change.org/p/universitie...n-universities

All of these Social Justice "courses" at public universities need to be suspended until they can be properly investigated.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2016, 04:07 PM

Sorry if this has been already posted. John Cleese on PC
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules