Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Nano : BUG with Clocks : San Josè

iPod Nano : BUG with Clocks : San Josè
inkhead
Senior User
Sep 13, 2005, 04:34 PM

Under Clocks > North America > San Josè is listed (not north america)
this needs to be moved to the correct country and San Jose (northern california) needs to be added to the Nano.

See the bug? I filed with bug reporter but it doens't seem to let you file iPod bugs.

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Sep 13, 2005, 04:37 PM

well actually San José is technical the name for the city in Northern california (however apple has the time listed as the time for San Jose - costa rica)

Time in San Josè - Costa Rica (Listed by Apple under > North America > San Josè:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=225

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Sep 14, 2005, 03:10 PM

Anyone else use bugreporter? My bug was listed as being analyzed and now obviously open, but it says I don't have access to my own bug. What the hell Apple? Why would you do that? So I report a bug and get punished, beautiful.

You do not have privileges to view problemID 4255561.

My best guess is obviously apple's team internally is commenting on the bug and doesn't want me to read the comments.
( Last edited by inkhead; Sep 14, 2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling)

ApplCmptrDood
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2005, 10:48 AM

Huh, that's weird. You think that since it's really close to Cupertino, and it was 1 million people in it they would have it on there! (i live in the bay area and have been to the infinite loop once or twice)
Apparently, I'm a sig violator. I feel honored. Oops.

reybart
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2005, 05:31 PM

My nano does not show the correct artwork while playing and some do not have an artwork. Am I missing something or this is also a bug?
Thanks.

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2005, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by inkhead
Anyone else use bugreporter? My bug was listed as being analyzed and now obviously open, but it says I don't have access to my own bug. What the hell Apple? Why would you do that? So I report a bug and get punished, beautiful.

You do not have privileges to view problemID 4255561.

My best guess is obviously apple's team internally is commenting on the bug and doesn't want me to read the comments.
My bug report that I filed a couple weeks back is "Open" and I don't have permission to view it. I assumed the same, that Apple engineers/developers were still in the process of investigating, and I wasn't allowed back in until they were done or needed more information.

Funny that mine was an issue w/ iTunes 4.9, and I think I submitted a couple days before iTunes 5 was launched. So I'm not sure I expect it to get much attention, altho its an annoying bug (where On-The-Go lists sync incorrectly).
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Sep 16, 2005, 01:58 AM

Artwork is displayed based on the image that is inside of the ID3 tags on each mp3, you can change the picture in itunes. Most likely you have the wrong picture assigned to the mp3, go to the Itunes > View Menu and check "Show Artwork" and click on the songs you think are wrong, chances are you will see the wrong picture, but you can change it yourself.

Artwork isn't automatically in songs, it comes with all the songs you buy on the itunes store but other music you have won't have album covers unless you add them in.

reybart
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2005, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by inkhead
Artwork is displayed based on the image that is inside of the ID3 tags on each mp3, you can change the picture in itunes. Most likely you have the wrong picture assigned to the mp3, go to the Itunes > View Menu and check "Show Artwork" and click on the songs you think are wrong, chances are you will see the wrong picture, but you can change it yourself.

Artwork isn't automatically in songs, it comes with all the songs you buy on the itunes store but other music you have won't have album covers unless you add them in.

Thanks for the reply! It worked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules