Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Kerio Mail server

Kerio Mail server
tobster
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 11:45 AM

Hi all.

Has anyone used Kerio Mail server? The studio I work at has just been set up to use it and so far only the mail services are being used. I would like to however incorporate calendar and address book use into all of this.

Each person has their own e-mail address, calendar in iCal and Address book database. We need to have a public calendar which is possible for everyone to see, while only one specific person can edit it. I would also like to set up a list of commonly used contacts which everyone would have access to in Address Book. Only Macs are set up in the studio, both desktops and laptops.

I have been trying to read through some of the manuals and forums at Kerio.com but a lot of it is quite technical and I haven't found a thread where someone is trying to achieve the same.

I'd appreciate any help given.

Thx,

Tobbi

ntsc
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 01:10 PM

hi i've worked in an organisation where i deployed the Kerio mail server. however the version used was a variant of 6.0 not 6.1 when the calendar integration with iCal was introduced. however i did notice that there appeared to be problems when Kerio was talking to our Users LDAP database which it used for authentication.

do you know if you're using LDAP for authentication where you are?
"You can't waste a life hating people, because all they do is live their life, laughing, doing more evil."

-ALPHA ROBERTSON,whose daughter was one of four girls killed in the bombing of a Birmingham, Ala., church in 1963.

tobster  (op)
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ntsc
hi i've worked in an organisation where i deployed the Kerio mail server. however the version used was a variant of 6.0 not 6.1 when the calendar integration with iCal was introduced. however i did notice that there appeared to be problems when Kerio was talking to our Users LDAP database which it used for authentication.

do you know if you're using LDAP for authentication where you are?
Hi, and thanks for the reply.

No, I actually don't know. At this moment we are only using the POP/IMAP connections. It is possible others are in use, but I'm unaware of it. The problem is also that I don't quite know what questions to ask when it comes to added services.

Tobbi

Mithras
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 01:39 PM

I haven't used Kerio, but the public calendar can be achieved for free with iCal and a WebDAV server. And the central shared addressbook can be achieved with OS X's built-in LDAP server.

Forum Links
Forum Rules