Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhoto not working with iPhone

iPhoto not working with iPhone
ndptal85
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 31, 2007, 11:07 AM

Hey All

Whenever I plug my iPhone into my Mac Mini it syncs with iTunes and AddressBook, iCal and Mail but iPhoto doesn't pop up anymore like it used to. Furthermore when I manually launch iPhoto it either doesn't see the iPhone at all or says there are no new photos to download even though there are.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and managed a fix? I don't think its an issue with my iPhone as when I sync with my MacBook iPhoto works as it should.

PS For anyone wondering how I got my iPhone to sync with two different Macs please realize that my MacBook is a clone of my Mac Mini.
Main Computer and EyeTV 200 DVR: Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66Ghz 2GB Ram 160GB HD.
Road Warrior: MacBook White 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram 80GB HD.
Kubuntu Book: Dell Lattitude C400 running Kubuntu Linux 6.06 1.33 Pentium 3 CPU 1GB RAM 40GB HD with Creative laptop speakers (it only has one speaker).

Steve516
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2007, 01:46 PM

I was able to get it to sync with iPhoto (6.0.2) twice, and since it does not come up... Checked every preference panel I can find, and no luck. I can push pictures down to the phone (sync in iTunes works) but I can't pull pictures from the phone to iPhoto.

So, I thought perhaps it was due to my having an old version of iPhoto, but I can't get a new version to download and install either...
iPhone & 17" Intel iMac Core Duo, Canon MP500, ViewSonic 22", LaCie 500g,

Apple IIc, SE/30, PowerComputing PC 166, Performa 6400, Mac Mini...

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2007, 11:02 AM

This happened to me the other day. It took about 20 times of plugging/unplugging the phone (I think I may have even restarted the phone and/or computer) but eventually it did work for me.

Steve516
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2007, 07:23 PM

So, in an effort to find a solution for my sync problems, I connected the iPhone to my IBM thinkpad (XP) and was able to download the images and save them (and then transfered them to the iMac). So, I thought, let's try "Restore" and see what happens. Basically, I had to re-enter my email info (passwords mainly) as well as WiFi info (ditto), and then wait while the sync occured (all the music and contacts). Also, all the emails were gone, and once the sync was over, it downloaded 300+ emails from my various accounts (PITA sorting that out again!).

And the sync still does not work right. Contacts in Address Book are not synced, as well as some iCal events. Took 5 pictures with the camera, and it does not recognize it in iPhoto either. UGH!!!
iPhone & 17" Intel iMac Core Duo, Canon MP500, ViewSonic 22", LaCie 500g,

Apple IIc, SE/30, PowerComputing PC 166, Performa 6400, Mac Mini...

Forum Links
Forum Rules