Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" Keyboard is cracking on the white part (pic)

15" Keyboard is cracking on the white part (pic)
MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2005, 12:48 AM

normal or no?

should i take it in or is it not worth it for just a little crack? there are actually a couple of little ones in different places, but they are smaller than this one (as far as i can see).

i haven't really done anything to make it crack. i don't slam the keyboard on the floor or anything. just normal usage. it came up in the first few months I got the computer. and i do get that keyboard popping at the page down/left keys and the numlock key. it's not big since i never use the numlock key, but the page down/left keys are kind of annoying when they do pop.

i have a backlit keyboard.
iamwhor3hay

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2005, 01:02 AM

Maybe an overall less closeup picture will help..

ibook_steve
Mar 24, 2005, 02:38 AM

It's just the white plastic sheet underneath the keys. If it really affects your key operation, pop off the key caps (left gently on the left side of the key) that are having the problem and tape down or cut away the plastic that is causing the problem. This is not worth bringing in to get fixed because they'd probably want to just replace the entire keyboard, which would be expensive.

Steve

Forum Links
Forum Rules