Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm at an Apple store's grand opening

I'm at an Apple store's grand opening
Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2001, 10:22 AM

I'm typing this on a 667 Powerbook. It's fairly hectic in here, and I'm wasting time before they start to let more people in, and I feel obligated to leave to open up some space.

Definitely cool.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2001, 11:20 AM

It is always exciting to be at an Apple Store opening. i was at the tysons one. Got in, bought an ethernet cable, played with all the toys, got my free t-shirt, left

it was an exhilerating experience

also been to the Mall oF america one

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2001, 11:22 AM

didnt get to go to the opening but I was at Chicagos last night (for the 2nd time) Awesome man. iPod was there too.

PBG4 User
Senior User
Oct 27, 2001, 07:08 PM

I was there today as well. There was some great energy and people to talk to.
~20 mins from home to the Apple store rocks! I guess I can finally go to the mall with the wife (j/k).
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2001, 08:12 PM

I think Apple is doing a great job with these stores. It really advocates the brand. The atmosphere is also excellent, and their setups entice you to buy something.

Chemmy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2001, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by PBG4 User:
<STRONG>I was there today as well. There was some great energy and people to talk to.
~20 mins from home to the Apple store rocks! I guess I can finally go to the mall with the wife (j/k). </STRONG>
You live in Springfield right?

I bought an iBook there today. One of the 600mhz with the combo drive.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2001, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>I think Apple is doing a great job with these stores. It really advocates the brand. The atmosphere is also excellent, and their setups entice you to buy something.</STRONG>
True, yet some people are SOOO ignant and closed minded, that they wont even consider going into a store. The stores are really good looking and all, but these windows users will be like "Apple... too expensive, and too slow and stupid"

What Apple needs is a Television/Newspaper campaign to help them. I havent seen a Apple commercial in months. Maybe during the news, considering so many people wacth the news now.

And what is up with no Mac OS X commercials!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 28, 2001, 02:58 AM

I have a question, maybe you'll be able to answer it, Chemmy. I'm looking to get an iBook 600 Combo, but I'm waiting for the Cincinnati Apple Store to open to purchase it. (They're hoping on a Nov 3rd opening, but it may delayed a week or two at most.) Since they are the "official" Apple stores, do they carry any common BTOs in stock such as the iBook 600 with the upgraded 30 GB hard drive? I know that normally that sort of BTO is only at the Apple Store Online, but I know that it's possible for other places (SmallDog, for example) to stock BTO configurations. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh =)

PBG4 User
Senior User
Oct 29, 2001, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Chemmy:
<STRONG>

You live in Springfield right?

I bought an iBook there today. One of the 600mhz with the combo drive.</STRONG>
Actually I live in CT
Although I do go to Springfield occasionally to visit The Student Prince.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

roger_ramjet
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2001, 03:30 PM

PBG4, I missed the grand opening at Westfarms this weekend. My brother just bought a house in East Longmeadow and he wanted to show it to me. Heading over to the mall sometime today. It is seriously cool to have an Apple store so close by.

Congrats Chemmy on your new iBook.

Patrick
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2001, 03:10 AM

A few weeks ago when they opened the store in Palo Alto, I stopped by on my way home from work. Even at 6PM there were people lined up around the corner of the building, with some guy letting people in one at a time. Through the windows, it looked really busy. Like some kind of night club (especially with the video screen on the wall. I didn't want to wait that long, so I came back later. But still, it looked cool.

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2001, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by Josh Reid:
<STRONG>I have a question, maybe you'll be able to answer it, Chemmy. I'm looking to get an iBook 600 Combo, but I'm waiting for the Cincinnati Apple Store to open to purchase it. (They're hoping on a Nov 3rd opening, but it may delayed a week or two at most.) Since they are the "official" Apple stores, do they carry any common BTOs in stock such as the iBook 600 with the upgraded 30 GB hard drive? I know that normally that sort of BTO is only at the Apple Store Online, but I know that it's possible for other places (SmallDog, for example) to stock BTO configurations. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh =)</STRONG>
Good to hear that the Cincy store will draw Pittsburgh people. How far is it to Cincinnati in time/miles?

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2001, 12:48 PM

Well, I'm not too sure that the Cincinnati store will draw many Pittsburghers. The Columbus store has a better chance of doing that. Cincinnati is about a six hour drive. I'm just going there because my father is the superintendant of the store. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any plans for a Pittsburgh store....

Thanks,
Josh

Forum Links
Forum Rules