Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What a crappy week.

What a crappy week.
jholmes
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2002, 03:25 PM

Last week sucked.

It started at 2 in the morning on Saturday when a hail storm with stones the size of tennis balls creamed my house and my truck out in front.

On Monday I twisted my knee and wound up on crutches - not good because I was supposed to race this weekend and if I can't bend my swollen knee I can't get in the racecar

On Tuesday the Doctor says he can fix the knee with oral steroids so I can get to the race - but the weatherman predicts rain for the weekend and the knee is going to be swollen and painful for three more days

On Wednesday the Insurance guys come out - they'll pay me $6600 for a new roof on my house. Later that day the roofer comes by with his estimate - $8400.

On Thursday my ad agency is informed that not only did we not get the $8 million account we had spent weeks and several thousands of dollars pitching, but the person doing the agency review is considering legal action because some members of our firm tried to go around her and meet with the client directly.

On Friday I can been my knee and get in the race car - but it's raining. The truck insurance guy says there's $5000 worth of damage to my truck. The hood looks like the surface of the moon.

On Saturday I spend all day at the Speedway watching it rain and rain and rain.

On Sunday it rains and rains and rains. We were to be a part of the big NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway - Parade lap before the race and then race after the big boys get through. They cancel our races due to the rain and it washes my $200 entry fee right down the tube.

Today - The sun is out, the NASCAR boys are tearing it up at TMS and I'm sitting in my office unable to even get it on the radio.

Oh well. At least this week I get to pay my taxes.

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: jholmes ]
`Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.' -- Will Rogers

malvolio
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2002, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by jholmes:
<STRONG>
Oh well. At least this week I get to pay my taxes.
</STRONG>

So you're going to file early? The deadline is next Monday.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules