Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iSync - Waiting for the last minute

iSync - Waiting for the last minute
jparisi
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2002, 08:13 PM

I was hoping to have iSync by now...they are really waiting to the last minute on this one. anyone have any clue as to when the release will be?

Also - in MYNY Steve spoke about syncing to computers with iSync and .Mac but I havent hear a word about that since (on the iSync web page or on the Apple Expo demo). I hope that feature wasnt dropped,

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2002, 09:07 PM

Relax, man!

They said they will release public beta at the end of September.

End mean around Sept. 30th or 31th

The leaked copy is looking good so far! Yes it does have .Mac sync. It's faster than iCal too

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2002, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:
Relax, man!

They said they will release public beta at the end of September.

End mean around Sept. 30th or 31th

The leaked copy is looking good so far! Yes it does have .Mac sync. It's faster than iCal too
Sept. 31th? LOL, that would be pretty incredible if they released it then, huh?

chezpaul
Senior User
Sep 27, 2002, 02:59 PM

Adam, U got me looking because U were talking.
Found it and it doesn't sync anything to my iPod nor to my Sony ericsson phone (even though it tells me it does).. I guess I'll just wait and see
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2002, 03:09 PM

My guess it that it'll be out today!

Emotionally Fragile Luke
Banned
Sep 27, 2002, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:
My guess it that it'll be out today!

Wrong so far

bewebste
Senior User
Sep 27, 2002, 10:18 PM

Well, the app doesn't seem to be out yet, but there are release notes in the Apple knowledge base.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61747

MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 27, 2002, 11:13 PM

Did anyone read the release notes on the support page? I know it is only a beta, but iSync's ability to a Palm OS device is unspectacular at best...piss poor to be more precise. It requires the hot sync manager, you can not initiate a sync from the software - it has to be done through the device or cradle, and it adds calendar events in iCal as "unfiled" (to name a few).

I had such high hopes for this software, but without adequate abilities to use a Palm OS device, it is utterly useless(at least for me). Syncing with an iPod is cute, but does anyone use it as a PDA? It'll sync with all of 4 phones....how many people have one of those 4?

Very, very dissapointed (and I haven;t even seen it yet).

snerdini
Senior User
Sep 27, 2002, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by MojoRising022:
Did anyone read the release notes on the support page? I know it is only a beta, but iSync's ability to a Palm OS device is unspectacular at best...piss poor to be more precise. It requires the hot sync manager, you can not initiate a sync from the software - it has to be done through the device or cradle, and it adds calendar events in iCal as "unfiled" (to name a few).

I had such high hopes for this software, but without adequate abilities to use a Palm OS device, it is utterly useless(at least for me). Syncing with an iPod is cute, but does anyone use it as a PDA? It'll sync with all of 4 phones....how many people have one of those 4?

You know this is beta software right? It even says that the "unfiled" iCal events will be fixed in final. It may be less than some people are expecting, but you can still use Palm Desktop...

jparisi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2002, 02:44 AM

Originally posted by MojoRising022:

oh no - the software wasnt even released yet and the whiners are coming out from under their rocks.

BTW - i have one of those phones.

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 28, 2002, 04:13 AM

someone told me that the .mac sync started working this week - apple must be preparing that side of things.

RM

sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2002, 09:47 AM

Some of what the TechNote says celarly represents the beta status of the software described. One thing that seems pretty awful is not flagged as a beta-level problem, though:

Do not synchronize the same device with two different computers. Doing so will likely create duplicate records and damage your data.
Do they really expect people to live with this?

jparisi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2002, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by sra:
Some of what the TechNote says celarly represents the beta status of the software described. One thing that seems pretty awful is not flagged as a beta-level problem, though:

Do they really expect people to live with this?
that is very strange. It could just another a way they are trying to get you to suscribe to .mac. Because, as we know, iSync using .mac to sync two computers

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2002, 02:33 PM

Patience Grasshoppers. Patience.

Forum Links
Forum Rules