Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > G3 Powerbook Battery Discharge

G3 Powerbook Battery Discharge
yukiyui
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2003, 04:19 PM

(500mhz, G3, Black). If you firmly squeeze both sides plastic casing between the keyboard and the speakers...the battery will completely discharge and the laptop will only come back on after it has been plugged into the wall for a couple of minutes.

Pretty whacky-
- yuki
[email protected]

rjt1000
Senior User
Sep 5, 2003, 07:57 PM

hey yuki,

well, the first piece of advice would be "don't squeeze it"

not sure exactly where you mean, but the case on my G3 500 mhz Pismo certainly doesnt allow for an external squeeze to affect internal components. is yours damaged or cracked?

do you have a fresh battery installed? the battery would be my first suspect, try a known good one.

do you have any screen symptoms--the area you are talking about (i think) is where all the screen wiring travels, so if the case is broken, i could imagine it impinging on wiring.

and if you have nothing else to do (and better than squeezing your PB case), reset the power manager, zap the pram and make sure your power adapter is working and charging your battery.

best wishes,

rich (pismo g3 500)

yukiyui  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 8, 2003, 05:11 PM

Yeah...don't get me wrong...I've got better things to do than squeeze my laptop however for some reason I did squeeze it and it did zap the battery. My laptop has no damage at all, I've never even dropped it. No screen symptoms or anything...runs fine...and I don't squeeze it anymore.

Here's the laptop image (not mine...but one for reference.)
http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/cd/9...resized200.jpg

Forum Links
Forum Rules