Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > can't change preferences in weathermenu...

can't change preferences in weathermenu...
hotani
Senior User
Feb 11, 2004, 10:00 PM

this is extremely irritating -- I've been running weathermenu for a while now and absolutely love it, I'm all set to even send them money, now all of a sudden all I've got is weather for Muskegon, MI. No changes to the preferences make any difference.

Is this the demo running out? or is it jacked up?
// hōtani
MDD G4 dual 867

ed phelan
Feb 12, 2004, 02:49 PM

F'cryin'ou'loud, write to the guy. I have in the past and he usually gets back by return mail. I use both WMX and WMM (paid copies) and am very satisfied with both the products and the service.
All the best/�

AfterTen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by hotani:
this is extremely irritating -- I've been running weathermenu for a while now and absolutely love it, I'm all set to even send them money, now all of a sudden all I've got is weather for Muskegon, MI. No changes to the preferences make any difference.

Is this the demo running out? or is it jacked up?
Yes, when the trial period ends the program reverts to only showing weather for my hometown, Muskegon MI.

Lesser of two evils really. Make the program stop functioning completely and put up some annoying popup telling you about the trial expiration or this way.

In any event, once registered all will go back to normal.

No problem answering this here but in the future feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or use my
support forum.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Dean Davis
http://www.afterten.com

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2004, 03:09 PM

Yep, it's because your demo period has expired -- register the product, and all will be well again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules