Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > F*CKING APPLE (.Mac support)

F*CKING APPLE (.Mac support)
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 02:56 PM

I renewed my .Mac account last wed the 20th, and they billed my twice as a result of that i did not have enough cash in my checking account, and I incurred a 20 dollar overdraft fee. I am not so pissed with that as much as i have now way of contacting Apple about it, i called the 1800myapple, and got through all the menus and was told all .Mac problems need to be dealt with email only. I can't get a hold of a person to right the problem. I eventually got through to a sales person and he mentioned that it was an Apple wide problem across the board and that i need to document every monetary infraction I incurred. As a result of this over draft my bank account has been suspend and I have bills to pay by the end of the week and the only thing I can do is send a freaking email and some one will get to me with in 24 hours.

F*CKING ****

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 03:07 PM

This went in my Apple propaganda database. Thanks

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2004, 03:11 PM

Damn, Mainemeister, that sucks. Dude, bitch up a storm when you get in touch with them. Hopefully you get it all straightened out. Keep us posted.

Scifience
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 03:12 PM

What bank would *suspend* your account for an overdraft, unless you have had numerous previous ones? I can see charging a fee, but completely suspending the account?

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 03:15 PM

Major punt to the testicles...

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 03:19 PM

Another reason not to use the overpriced and under featured .mac. Sorry man that really sucks. They should reimburse you. Let us know how it works out for you.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2004, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by Scifience:
What bank would *suspend* your account for an overdraft, unless you have had numerous previous ones? I can see charging a fee, but completely suspending the account?
Yes, that's what I thought.

I would try to talk to the bank and explain the situation. Let them know it's Apple's mistake and see what they can do.

G4ME, you either have a history with this bank, or they completely suck in customer service. Anyways, I would recommend a bank change. It can only get better...

-t

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2004, 03:27 PM

Or hopefully Apple gets their **** right next time?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
This went in my Apple propaganda database. Thanks
Why would you use a name like macintologist and be on a board about Apple products, when you clearly have an agenda against Apple? Just curious. Maybe you should buy a Windoze box, and get on some of their boards, so you'd feel more at home, complaining along with all the other sheep.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Scifience:
Time to find a new bank, unless there's more to this that we're not being told. I have $500 overdraft protection on my account; thankfully, I've never had to use it.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2004, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Or hopefully Apple gets their **** right next time?
to be honest, my opinion: billing errors happen all the time, but his bank sounds like complete ****. Except if he's slapped with a $20 overdraft fee, the bank might have a good reason for acting like ****.

If not: Dude, switch banks, pronto!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2004, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
Why would you use a name like macintologist and be on a board about Apple products, when you clearly have an agenda against Apple? Just curious. Maybe you should buy a Windoze box, and get on some of their boards, so you'd feel more at home, complaining along with all the other sheep.
With a name like that, you'd think he'd be trying to prove some sort of L. Ron Hubbard connection.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2004, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
to be honest, my opinion: billing errors happen all the time, but his bank sounds like complete ****. Except if he's slapped with a $20 overdraft fee, the bank might have a good reason for acting like ****.

If not: Dude, switch banks, pronto!
Oh, I agree, but let's not jump all over the good Mr. Ross's bank for an Apple ****-up. But yes, I'm sure they'll reimburse you, and maybe even give you a little something for the overdraft? If you bitch enough, maybe.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 03:42 PM

like a bic pen?

OH HELLZ YEAH!

</m0ng0>

macintologist
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
Sorry but craze for the Mac does not automatically equate to love for Apple Computer. It is similar to loving America but hating the government.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2004, 04:54 PM

i not only overdraft from my checking, but there wasn't enough in savings to cover the difference. So in effect my account is suspended, i stopped by my bank and go a statement that shows the two charges by apple and the 20 over draft. And they told me that after this gets worked out and I have a positive balance my account will be golden.

In the mean time I had my dad drop 100 bucks into my other bank account back home which i will withdraw tomorrow and make sure that I will pay off my cell phone bill which is a direct withdrawal.

So as of right now I just need to give it time and hopefully let every thing work it out, But seeing that i can't yell at anyone i feel like i have my thumb up my butt, and i don't really like it.

hayesk
Oct 27, 2004, 06:49 PM

I don't give any company (Apple or otherwise) access to my chequing account. Get a credit card - you can dispute erroneous charges and accounts don't get suspended or charged overdraft fees.

Truepop
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
Sorry but craze for the Mac does not automatically equate to love for Apple Computer. It is similar to loving America but hating the government.
that's interesting. I haven't heard that one.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2004, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by hayesk:
I don't give any company (Apple or otherwise) access to my chequing account. Get a credit card - you can dispute erroneous charges and accounts don't get suspended or charged overdraft fees.
Exactly.

andi*pandi
Oct 28, 2004, 08:28 AM

that really sucks!

I would call again and not take no for an answer.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2004, 08:31 AM

If you have that little in your account, maybe you shouldn't be having .mac at all.

If you have that little money and cut your budget that closely, you should opt for an account that offers overdraft protection.

You should plan for things like that to happen, Apple or not.

Blame Apple if it helps you feel better, but you need to rethink your financial matters a little more.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 08:47 AM

100% agreed.

i usually have people bill me (at the most charge my credit card), because once they have your money, it's a bitch to get it back (even if you can prove you're in the right). the german telekom (phone company) is notorious for this kind of stuff. they once admittedly over charged me 80 � and refused to reimburse me with cash, - instead they gave me a calling card wit an 80 � credit. a55clowns.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 09:40 AM

Call 800-APL-CARE and go to Apple Customer Relations. ONLY Apple Customer Relations.

Ask for Tim Johnston. He runs the group. Tell him that you love Apple but that you're a student (you seem to be) and your budget can't take double-billing mistakes and now you have a lot of problems.

Apple will take good care of you. They ALWAYS have done right by us in the last 10 years.

I love Apple and have 0 complaints about them.

Now, about your bank, I don't know what bank it was/is, but I made a mistake and put money into my savings account and not my checking account and was about $1000 overdrawn after overdraft took over. I had 6 checks go through that were not covered by overdraft. This morning I logged onto Bank of America and saw what had happened and called them and spoke to them and told them what had happened and said, "It was my fault, of course, but is it really necessary to ding my account $20 x 6 for each check? I don't want to get you into trouble or anything, but $120 would be better served used on my children or buying groceries. I understand if you can't do anything, though." (The truth is that if she did not "do" something I would have called back again and if necessary I would have asked for a manager and pleaded my case with him or her also.)

She said, "No, that's okay. Let me reverse all of those fees for you. They will appear tonight at midnight. We care about our customers and this is just a technicality."

Also, during the hurricanes we had here, Bank of America memo-credited everyone who had a cash flow problem because of the storms $1000 to be paid back by the end of the year. In other words, they just put $1000 in accounts of people who needed a little extra cash to get by. We didn't have to use it, but I found out about it when I called them. They said, "Do you want to take advantage of the program we're offering for hurricane victims? Bank of America will put $1000 into your account and you have until January 1st to pay it back." That was very nice of them.

Seriously, think about getting a Bank of America account. They're really great. Between awesome customer service and online banking, I love them.

Good luck with Apple!

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 10:33 AM

well I am a student and my banking is my own issues, thanks for all your comments.

i logged on to my account and they righted everything, got the 104.95 and the 20 dollar over draft fee back, so everything is golden, but i have yet to hear back from apple about the entire situation, if i didn't check my accounts I never would have noticed this mess up. I just wished I talked to some one so that i knew it was being taken care of and that Apple messed up.

hayesk
Oct 28, 2004, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by G4ME:
well I am a student and my banking is my own issues, thanks for all your comments.

i logged on to my account and they righted everything, got the 104.95 and the 20 dollar over draft fee back, so everything is golden, but i have yet to hear back from apple about the entire situation,
They made a mistake, you told them, they fixed it. Looks like case is closed. Why would you expect to hear back from them?

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 11:41 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation G4ME. It's good to hear that your bank rectified the situation on your end. Just hope that Apple will respond positively. Will be anxious to hear the result.

Now with the new Federal Law regarding check clearing, which will end 'Floating a Check." Many more Americans may be receiving overdraft charges.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2004, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
Seriously, think about getting a Bank of America account. They're really great. Between awesome customer service and online banking, I love them.
Seconded.

BoA is great. So far, I have settled everything to my satisfaction.

Only one time I had to ask to be transfered to the manager. Hehe, after I talked to him and he refused my request at first, I just asked to be transfered to the next in line above him. He put me on hold for a minute, and then gave in. Guess his headcheese didn't want to be bothered and just said "Do it !".

-t

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2004, 03:23 PM

They made a mistake, you told them, they fixed it. Looks like case is closed. Why would you expect to hear back from them?
when you send a question to support to .mac they claim that they will get back to you with in 24 hours, so far its been 25. I just want them to admit that they made a mistake and they solved the problem.

What would have happened if i didn't check my accounts? I would have been shafted 20 bucks and would have had no knowledge of it. Its not like they don't know my email and couldn't contact me to give me a heads up, it just seemed sneaky and lack of good business ethics.

hayesk
Oct 28, 2004, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
when you send a question to support to .mac they claim that they will get back to you with in 24 hours, so far its been 25. I just want them to admit that they made a mistake and they solved the problem.
Heh heh, in a few hours, I'll agree with you. I emailed them last night for an unrelated problem (not getting email from one address).

Forum Links
Forum Rules