Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Ok time for me to complain about BT mice...

Ok time for me to complain about BT mice...
drainyoo
Senior User
Dec 24, 2004, 12:29 AM

Is it possible that in this day in age NO ONE makes a 5 button bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel and looks great and works well on a Mac? I MEAN COME ON! Whats wrong with these companies?

Some of you might say Logitech but I think those things have to be the ugliest mice on the face of the earth. They look like big waterbugs.

Anyways, the only mouse that gets close to being good is the Microsoft one but since they are M$, they havent made drivers for the Mac yet. If they can just get it to FULLY work on a Mac, life would be easier.

Ok that is the end of my rant. Thanks for reading.
i hate project managers.

selowitch
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2004, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by drainyoo:
Is it possible that in this day in age NO ONE makes a 5 button bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel and looks great and works well on a Mac? I MEAN COME ON! Whats wrong with these companies?

Some of you might say Logitech but I think those things have to be the ugliest mice on the face of the earth. They look like big waterbugs.

Anyways, the only mouse that gets close to being good is the Microsoft one but since they are M$, they havent made drivers for the Mac yet. If they can just get it to FULLY work on a Mac, life would be easier.

Ok that is the end of my rant. Thanks for reading.
I sympathize. For me, two buttons and scroll wheel is adequate, which is why I really like the Microsoft wireless mice. They have the right ergonomic feel for my purposes.

Keep writing to Logitech and others, and maybe somebody they'll produce a driver. Or maybe Tiger will include a custom driver-building program that auto-detects devices and writes driver software for it. Now there's an idea!

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2004, 10:11 AM

I dont have to do anything hardcore with my computer, besides WoW.
I have been able to get used to my Apple BT mouse (Yes, the single button) and be able to play my game still.

Just my 2 cents
Who reads this???

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2004, 10:21 AM

It's not bluetooth, but it is wireless.
It's not a mouse, but it is the best out there.

Logitech's wireless Optical Trackman.

I have 2, one for the office and one for my external keyboard at home.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules