Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Treo 650 and Mac

Treo 650 and Mac
TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2005, 08:52 AM

Does anyone use a Treo 650 with their Mac? Just wondering about your thoughts on it.

osxisfun
Jan 30, 2005, 12:42 PM

iomatic
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2005, 12:55 PM

Anyone got one from Cingular care to share their thoughts, e.g. MissingSync vs. iSync, previous installs, adding another Palm-device (Treo 650), etc.?

lexxsf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2005, 03:24 AM

I've had my Treo 650 from AT&T/Cingular for about two weeks now and I absolutely love it! I also have a 12" Powerbook 1gHZ running 10.3.8. The Treo syncs via bluetooth perfectly with Mac OS X. However, it took a little bit of work in the beginning but now it syncs fine. The bluetooth syncs are a little slow (about 5 to 6 minutes) but not a big deal to me. If I'm installing a bunch of apps then I'll plug in the USB cable. iCal and Address Book both sync fine as well. My only complaint is that I wish you could mount the SD card in the Treo on your desktop, but I guess that's a Palm/Mac issue in general. I heard that Missing Sync resolves this problem. I also cannot browse my Treo via blueooth. At each sync it will automatically download any pictures or videos that I took with my Treo to a folder on my Mac.

I also have a Garmin iQue3600 and that syncs fine with my powerbook too. I have it setup on a separate Palm profile and iSync does a great job managing everything.

I personally think that the $40 that Missing Sync charges is a bit too steep for my needs. Unless you really want your SD Card mounted (I just use a memory card reader), or want your Entourage stuff synced, then you're fine without Missing Sync.

Forum Links
Forum Rules