Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Refer me to Vonage!

Refer me to Vonage!
brentsax
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 12:49 AM

If anyone out there has Vonage, refer me! I think you get a month or two free and supposedly I get a month free too.

refer: [email protected]

Thanks!

BRS

larkost
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2005, 01:14 AM

There you go, I just referred you, so you should be getting the email shortly. And you are correct in that you should get a month of the plan for free (you second I believe). Hope that Vonage works out as well for you as it has for me. Thanks!

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 7, 2005, 10:18 AM

Is it just me, or did this post look awfully close to spam? I mean, a testimonial is one thing, but urging everyone to sign up with Vonage just because they give you a referal premium goes a bit too far.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

brentsax  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2005, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by ghporter:
Is it just me, or did this post look awfully close to spam? I mean, a testimonial is one thing, but urging everyone to sign up with Vonage just because they give you a referal premium goes a bit too far.
I just wanted a free month of service. You may delete this topic now if you would like.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 7, 2005, 11:34 AM

I can't blame you for wanting to pick up the freebies, but your post was pretty blatant. Just keep in mind the impression your post will make when you compose it, and you'll stay on the right track.

larkost
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2005, 12:18 PM

ghporter: I think you have the idea turned around. brentsax was not advertising that other people join Vonage, he was looking for a current Vonage customer (me in this case) to give him a referral so that we could both benefit. He was in effect not spamming, but asking to be spammed (sort of).

I think the better objection would have been that this belonged more in the lounge, as it is not networking related.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 7, 2005, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by larkost:
ghporter: I think you have the idea turned around. brentsax was not advertising that other people join Vonage, he was looking for a current Vonage customer (me in this case) to give him a referral so that we could both benefit. He was in effect not spamming, but asking to be spammed (sort of).

I think the better objection would have been that this belonged more in the lounge, as it is not networking related.
I see what you mean, and yes, the Lounge would have been a better place. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but I guess I misunderstood the referral thing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules