Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > online credit card processing choices

online credit card processing choices
milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 16, 2005, 02:52 PM

did a quick search and found some options here:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...+shopping+cart

anyway, i'm responsible for planning our class high school reunions. our 5th year reunion is being held in november and i would like to streamline the ticket sales process by letting everyone order their tickets online. our class size is less than 300 people. the plan is for alumni to head over to my website where they can go ahead click on a "buy tickets" link for a third-party to process.

another thing i need is to be able to quickly tear down the credit card payment system once we're done using it. there's no need for us to be leaving the system around, when we're only going to use it once every 10 years or so. after our 5th year reunion, we'll be going with a 10 year interval.

paypal is definitely an option, does anyone else have any recommendations or suggestions on other services?

thanks!
F = ma

ameat
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 17, 2005, 06:39 PM

Paypal. It's quick, easy, and pretty flexible if you're interested in integrating it into another system. Plus they have good documentation.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2005, 01:22 PM

Here's an off-the-wall idea. Why not offer a class reunion mug on Cafepress that includes the price of the ticket? People buy one 'comememorative' mug and they just bring a print-out of the receipt as a ticket. Or make them bring the mug. I think you can sell one item on CafePress for free and you should be able to process & track orders just like tickets.

I dunno. Never used CafePress, but I know they make it pretty easy to set up a store (and close it).

Just a thought.

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2005, 10:46 AM

That's a great idea, KeyLime. Even a sticker or something would be adequate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules