Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > What PROOF Exists That Straights Can be Turned Gay?

What PROOF Exists That Straights Can be Turned Gay?
Eynstyn
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 11:28 AM

Does anyone even KNOW if it's possible to BECOME homo if they are REALLY straight?

What PROOF exists that straight people can actually be turned gay?

On Jerry Springer or Will & Grace I've seen stories of guys who were married and had kids and then one day came out of the closet (whether it was a surprise to themselves or if they were just hiding their true 'nature.'). But these guys were obviously homosexual before they acknowledged it.

Has there ever been a study to ascertain a person's straight quotient then follow up studies for 20+ years to determine if the most straigt of them had CHOSEN homosexuality?

Anecdotal or empirical evidence dont mean squat. Show me the PROOF.

If it's shown that no one can be 'turned' if they arent already possessed of the gay 'gene' then all this fear and talk can just go away. Gays will be gay and straights will be straight. And any straights that go gay were already gay anyway or are just playin around and bein curious.

Kinda like a shepherd boy might get curious.
President Bush, Get Out Of Iraq Now!

nath
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Eynstyn
Does anyone even KNOW if it's possible to BECOME homo if they are REALLY straight?

What PROOF exists that straight people can actually be turned gay?

On Jerry Springer or Will & Grace I've seen stories of guys who were married and had kids and then one day came out of the closet (whether it was a surprise to themselves or if they were just hiding their true 'nature.'). But these guys were obviously homosexual before they acknowledged it.

Has there ever been a study to ascertain a person's straight quotient then follow up studies for 20+ years to determine if the most straigt of them had CHOSEN homosexuality?

Anecdotal or empirical evidence dont mean squat. Show me the PROOF.

If it's shown that no one can be 'turned' if they arent already possessed of the gay 'gene' then all this fear and talk can just go away. Gays will be gay and straights will be straight. And any straights that go gay were already gay anyway or are just playin around and bein curious.

Kinda like a shepherd boy might get curious.
Are you Zimphire in disguise?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 11:44 AM

What PROOF exists that men over 50 can seduce young women under 18 and internet - over the telephone - without their parent's knowledge?

eklipse
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by nath
Are you Zimphire in disguise?
More like 'aberdeenwriter'.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 12:39 PM

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
May 26, 2005, 12:57 PM

E: You are friggin weird.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by eklipse
More like 'aberdeenwriter'.
I read some of his stuff and it's true there is an uncanny resemblance in our thought process and writing style. My only wish would be that aberdeenwriter was a SHE and she and I could have an "affair du plume."

(Just kidding Hazie!)

At first I read some stuff that made me think he was a woman. Then I thought he was gay. But after a while I got the impression he was just a sad conflicted ole fart (sorry aberdeenwriter) who left to be with a young girl. It's an outrageous thing and if there's any justice he'll receive it!

But I'm not him. I don't know him. I'm sorta amazed and sorta intrigued by our similar writing style but then again it makes me question what that similarity says about ME!

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
E: You are friggin weird.
Ask yourself this: Why do I feel compelled to go from thread to thread looking for Eynstyn's posts to comment upon, knowing he is going to treat me like his biotch?

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 01:07 PM

You'll never have your evidence for the simple fact that animals are sexual beings which experiment no matter what sex they are or what sex they experiment with. As we are animals, we too experiment, so I think the line between straight and gay is becoming blurred more and more everyday. Or there was just never such a definition.

Almost all my friends 'straight' or 'gay' have been with, or had strong feelings for both sexes. I believe you'll find most people are this way. (Some are just still fighting the losing battle - homophobes)

Chris

budster101
Baninated
May 26, 2005, 01:13 PM

kmk: Do you honestly think this freak wanted a real answer to his thread?

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid
You'll never have your evidence for the simple fact that animals are sexual beings which experiment no matter what sex they are or what sex they experiment with. As we are animals, we too experiment, so I think the line between straight and gay is becoming blurred more and more everyday. Or there was just never such a definition.

Almost all my friends 'straight' or 'gay' have been with, or had strong feelings for both sexes. I believe you'll find most people are this way. (Some are just still fighting the losing battle - homophobes)

Chris
I haven't run into this. Almost all have had feelings or been with both sexes? I will admit, If i see a guy that has my style and i think he looks good, I will say it in my head or maybe to the people I with, but its not the same type of "attraction" that I have toward women. It seems kinda broad to say most people are this way and if someone does that they are a homophobe because I am pretty sure I am not a homophobe.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TheMosco
I haven't run into this. Almost all have had feelings or been with both sexes? I will admit, If i see a guy that has my style and i think he looks good, I will say it in my head or maybe to the people I with, but its not the same type of "attraction" that I have toward women. It seems kinda broad to say most people are this way and if someone does that they are a homophobe because I am pretty sure I am not a homophobe.
No No. I meant most everyone has been either emotionally or physically attracted to both sexes at some point in their lives. And I just meant that homophobes should get in line with reality because times are changing and people arnt scared to show their true emotions anymore, unlike homophobes who hide their feelings and project rage.

Chris

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 01:44 PM

I've never been emotionally or physically attracted to a man, sorry. There are too many hot chicks in the world -- I have a thing for teh boobiez and shapely figure of a woman...like this recent example from another thread:

Shall we turn this into another "hot chicks" thread?

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 01:47 PM

Chris
Oh, I don't know if everything you say is true.
You'll never have your evidence
I believe a study like the one I described might prove it.
for the simple fact that animals are sexual beings which experiment no matter what sex they are or what sex they experiment with.
From Drs. Carolla and Pinsky I know that teens (mostly teen girls) are frequently sexually ambiguous. Witness many of the popular teen fan mag icons are slender boys with fair skin and long hair. Your statement MIGHT be unintentionally relevatory if it turns out you are a teenaged female. As such I would say your statement speaks of your own feelings which are to be thought of as transient. A month or a year from now you'll feel differently.
As we are animals, we too experiment, so I think the line between straight and gay is becoming blurred more and more everyday. Or there was just never such a definition.
As much as you are confused by all your feelings there is no blurryness or confusion amongst clear thinking adults. If a person is born gay or straight then they are gay or straight. Period.

When straights conduct their own sexual experimentation with homosexuality those who continue to indulge in homosexuality I believe to be a very small minority. These folks may be the only real target of lobbying efforts against homosexuality. Everyone else is either gay and can't change it and straight and cant change it.
People usually hang around with people who are like them...they look alike, act alike and think alike (for most intents and purposes of this discussion, anyway).

I'm not surprised that most of your friends have experimented sexually. It's ok. But don't be surprised if you one day realize you are more comfortably gay or more comfortably straight.

Also, don't be surprised that there are millions more people who do not feel your same curiosity. They are straight and know it and have no desire to experiment or they are gay and know it and have no desire to experiment.

When I was in the Navy I had strong feelings for some of friends but we didn't need to or want to do anything sexually together. We are straight and that's all I can say. Nothing against you or your friends.

I can believe (in theory) that the people who shout the loudest against homosexuality (homophobes) may be the people who have the greatest problem with their own sexual orientation.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
I've never been emotionally or physically attracted to a man, sorry. There are too many hot chicks in the world -- I have a thing for teh boobiez and shapely figure of a woman...like this recent example from another thread:

Maury

She's not good looking, even if I was straight. Sorry

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 01:50 PM

Maury
I'll give you 100 more posts (just like this one, please) to stop trying to derail the thread!

budster101
Baninated
May 26, 2005, 01:52 PM

I vote for hot chicks thread. (Not chickens either.) a note for the wiseguys.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 01:53 PM

As much as you are confused by all your feelings there is no blurryness or confusion amongst clear thinking adults. If a person is born gay or straight then they are gay or straight. Period.
Well, I'm a clear thinking 23 yr old male gay Adult. As are my friends (well some are so-called straight too).

The line between sexes/sexuality is slowly being broken. Look at metrosexuality, 'straight' men 'gay' look. Though they are all just well dressed people arnt they? You wont be able to tellwho's gay or straight soon, and thats a good thing because it makes no difference anyways.

Chris

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 01:59 PM

by eynstyn
I read some of his stuff and it's true there is an uncanny resemblance in our thought process and writing style. My only wish would be that aberdeenwriter was a SHE and she and I could have an "affair du plume."

(Just kidding Hazie!)

At first I read some stuff that made me think he was a woman. Then I thought he was gay. But after a while I got the impression he was just a sad conflicted ole fart (sorry aberdeenwriter) who left to be with a young girl. It's an outrageous thing and if there's any justice he'll receive it!

But I'm not him. I don't know him. I'm sorta amazed and sorta intrigued by our similar writing style but then again it makes me question what that similarity says about ME!
Now I KNOW that you're aberdeenwriter.

He is/was obsessed with knowing the gender of people at this place.

You blew it, aberdeenwriter/eynstyn with your latest comment.

He used to go on and on (in private telephone calls that we had also - I was trying to be a friend to him because I felt like he needed one only I found out later that he abuses friendships and relationships) about whether or not l'il baby kitten, eklipse, and others were women or men.

I find it very amusing that you used the one comparison that aberdeenwriter brought up ALL of the time.

Oh, and BTW? It's amazing how your command of the English language fluctuates.

Are you back here because your relationship with the underaged teen didn't work out? Or did she run away from home to shack up with you?

Either way, people here are too smart to fall for your crap.

I said once before that you could PM me a private telephone number and I'd call you and talk to you and if you were not aberdeenwriter I would come here and publicly admit my mistake and lay off.

But, you ignored that request and I suspect you'll ignore it again.

budster101
Baninated
May 26, 2005, 02:02 PM

In response to the topic of this thread:

"What PROOF Exists That Straights Can be Turned Gay?"

Answer: We have you as proof, no? Or were you always a self-loathing gay person?

-

Was that over-the-top mean? Or, just right on target mean? I'm not certain for sure.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 02:05 PM

Was that over-the-top mean? Or, just right on target mean? I'm not certain for sure.
That was hand-over-the-mouth-laughing-aloud-mean!

P.S., aberdeenwriter/eynstyn: Just ADMIT who you are and then we'll all lay off and go back to our usual bickering.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 02:06 PM

I've never been emotionally or physically attracted to a man, sorry.
Oh really? Didn't you just say in the other thread that sexual orientation is a choice based on values? And now you tell is you are only attracted to woman, so it doesn't seem like you ever had a choice. What is it?

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 02:08 PM

Well, I'm a clear thinking 23 yr old male gay Adult. As are my friends (well some are so-called straight too).

The line between sexes/sexuality is slowly being broken. Look at metrosexuality, 'straight' men 'gay' look. Though they are all just well dressed people arnt they? You wont be able to tellwho's gay or straight soon, and thats a good thing because it makes no difference anyways.

Chris
I don't need to be right here so I'll just take note of your comment.

budster101
Baninated
May 26, 2005, 02:14 PM

You rarely are.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
In response to the topic of this thread:

Answer: We have you as proof, no? Or were you always a self-loathing gay person?

-

What do you think this is, close encounters of the third grade? Even though you may have heard anecdotal evidence which MIGHT suggest otherwise from people close to you, and though I have administered you a few well deserved spankings, believe this: I am NOT your daddy.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 02:29 PM

and though I have administered you a few well deserved spankings...
You're SO busted aberdeenwriter.

I remember when you used that word before: "spanking"

Want a memory refresher?

HERE you go.

Next time be more careful.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 02:36 PM

aberdeenwriter 09-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Oh, I'm not worrying about it. Children are so cute. They think all adults are concerned about them. LOLOLOL

Hmmm, maybe he's not so cute after all.

Noun 1. masochist - someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment

You obviously are here to provoke my giving you a literary spanking.
Since we know who you are now, let's all carry on.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 03:35 PM

Who is his retarded sidekick that posts under his new nick?

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Since we know who you are now, let's all carry on.

So were you and aberdeenwriter g/f, b/f or somthing? I read some stuff where you and he seemed pretty tight. So what happened, did he dump you for a teenager or what? By the way now that I know you aint just a crazed crack ho (haha just kiddin) type I've taken you off ignore.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by BoomStick
Who is his retarded sidekick that posts under his new nick?
Just think of me as "Daddy-o."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
Oh really? Didn't you just say in the other thread that sexual orientation is a choice based on values? And now you tell is you are only attracted to woman, so it doesn't seem like you ever had a choice. What is it?
Spare me.

Maury likes breasts.
Maury has always liked breasts since he first saw a pair.
Maury likes the curves of a woman's body.
Maury has always liked the curves of a woman's since he first started noticing said curves.
Maury has a thing for shapely calves.
Maury has always had a thing for shapely calves since he first started noticing them.
Maury likes the "lower part" of women.
Maury has always liked the :lower part" of women ever since he stated noticing "it".

If dudes looked like chicks, then maybe I'd be gay -- but until that day, I'll take mine moderately tall, thin, shapely, brunette, with a handful of hooters and a cooter.

The choice was made a long time ago.

Is that clear enough for you?

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 05:24 PM

Maury likes breasts.
Maury has always liked breasts since he first saw a pair.
Maury likes the curves of a woman's body.
Maury has always liked the curves of a woman's since he first started noticing said curves.
Maury has a thing for shapely calves.
Maury has always had a thing for shapely calves since he first started noticing them.
Maury likes the "lower part" of women.
Maury has always liked the :lower part" of women ever since he stated noticing "it".

[…]

The choice was made a long time ago.

Is that clear enough for you?
To paraphrase you from the other thread:

"Sexual orientation is a choice based on values."

It doesn't look like you made a choice based on values. You just happen to be straight.

Just like that homosexuals happen to be homosexual. There's nothing wrong with that. It just is.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Now I KNOW that you're aberdeenwriter.

He is/was obsessed with knowing the gender of people at this place.

You blew it, aberdeenwriter/eynstyn with your latest comment.

He used to go on and on (in private telephone calls that we had also - I was trying to be a friend to him because I felt like he needed one only I found out later that he abuses friendships and relationships) about whether or not l'il baby kitten, eklipse, and others were women or men.

I find it very amusing that you used the one comparison that aberdeenwriter brought up ALL of the time.

Oh, and BTW? It's amazing how your command of the English language fluctuates.

Are you back here because your relationship with the underaged teen didn't work out? Or did she run away from home to shack up with you?

Either way, people here are too smart to fall for your crap.

I said once before that you could PM me a private telephone number and I'd call you and talk to you and if you were not aberdeenwriter I would come here and publicly admit my mistake and lay off.

But, you ignored that request and I suspect you'll ignore it again.

In a different thread I said I wondered if you two were lovers and now, having taken you off the ignore list and reading a few of your comments I'm gonna hide all my bunnies and big cooking pots.

You are whacked.

I don't care how much you love animals. You have this hard-on for abrider that is like Glen Close for Mike douglas. Many people who get stuck with this 'human' thing revert to animals because, after all they need SOMETHING to hang onto, right?

I'd say stick with the animales.

Good thing for you I'm not him or else I bet he'd be talkin to a lawyer about all the stuff you are sayin about him.

And as lovers usually shared there dirt I'd bet he knows stuff about you. You think your hubby would want to know all the stuff he might know? You think every body here would want to know your stuff?

You should be glad I'm not him!

I was right the first time. You are bad news and I can see why the poor guy left you for a younger woman.

I don't want to know you.

Have a nice time at the SPCA!

Oh, that reminds me of a song, "There coming to take me away, haha!!!!"

But even though you are goin back on ignore I bet your going to keep on trailing ol Eynstyn. You and Buster 101.

I'm starting to hate the type of fans I attract.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 05:45 PM

^^^

You're certainly as crazy as AW was.

Give it up, man.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by lil'babykitten
^^^

Give it up, man.
I'm ready, willing and eager to give it up but theres nothing to give!!!

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 05:52 PM

^^^

Give it up, man.
So, are you a woman or a man???

Hahaha!

I HAD to ask. I don't care, really.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
May 26, 2005, 05:54 PM

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 05:57 PM

Hey, I got no beef with you. So don't try an pick a cat-fight with me, ok?

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 06:00 PM

What PROOF Exists That Aberdeenwriter Can be Turned Eynstyn?

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bluesky
What PROOF Exists That Aberdeenwriter Can be Turned Eynstyn?
Please don't you be wierd like those others!!! Was this guy screwin everybody on this thing???

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 06:16 PM

Please don't you be wierd like those others!!! Was this guy screwin everybody on this thing???

Wasn't trying to be weird, I just like to play with words.

I don't care if you're aberdeenwriter or eynstyn or cody dawg or iWrite.

Come to think of it, I'm Zimphire!

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 06:27 PM

Wasn't trying to be weird, I just like to play with words.

I don't care if you're aberdeenwriter or eynstyn or cody dawg or iWrite.

Come to think of it, I'm Zimphire!
Careful Zimphire, your a step from the ignore list. lolol (I'm hoping you wouldn't care one way or the other!)

BTW, I know who every body is on your list except iwrite. Is that another poster or an alias or what?

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 06:46 PM

On second thought, never mind.
( Last edited by Bluesky; May 26, 2005 at 06:55 PM. )

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2005, 07:18 PM

So, back to the original question.

I don't think straights can be turned gay. They might try it. They might find it pleasant. They might do it the rest of their lives, (excuse the intentional pun) off and on with straight sex, but I don't believe one of these gays would/could ever COMPLETELY betray their TRUE straight nature to go exclusively gay.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 07:57 PM

Good thing for you I'm not him or else I bet he'd be talkin to a lawyer about all the stuff you are sayin about him.
I love how your command of the English language fluctuates.

Are you off your meds?

As far as "talking to a lawyer," I happen to know that the guy had legal issues in one state that I know of (that prohibited getting a driver's license) so let him talk to a lawyer - you'd have to afford one.

(I mean HE would have to afford one - silly me, I forgot that you're not the same person! )

As I said, provide a telephone number and I'll call you and we'll debunk my theory. Heck, PM me and tell me when you'll call ME (I'll give YOU a telephone number) and you can call from a pay phone.

Care to tell us why you and AW both use the word "spanking" in your posts? That's quite a coincidence isn't it?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2005, 08:51 PM

By the way, why DID you start a thread with this title? Titillation? Self-exploration? Or just to get a rise in everyone here?

Start an intelligent and reasonable thread and I'm sure that we'd all be more interested in contributing our thoughts. This thread is meant to incite a MacNN riot, I'm sure.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 26, 2005, 09:06 PM

^^ Irony. Ya gotta love it.

Eynstyn  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2005, 01:55 AM

^^ Irony. Ya gotta love it.

Ignorance (otherwise known as the "Ignore list") is bliss.

I dont know and dont care about any stinkin irony.

What I care about is this:

My contention?

They CANT!!!

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 27, 2005, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
To paraphrase you from the other thread:

"Sexual orientation is a choice based on values."

It doesn't look like you made a choice based on values. You just happen to be straight.

Just like that homosexuals happen to be homosexual. There's nothing wrong with that. It just is.
No.

Once someone is old enough to begin understanding attraction or whatever you want to call it, one begins to see to which sex they may be attracted to. According to every single gay friend of mine -- both men and women -- ALL of them flat-out state that they consciously decided to "become" gay when they.

A couple of them tell me that for a few years they consciously chose not to be gay, because they didn't feel it was "right", but they changed their minds later in life and are now "out".

Why did they decide? Because they made a value opinion that being gay wasn't "wrong" or "bad".

It's a really easy concept to grasp, man -- i don't know why you're struggling with it so.

Maury

Warung
Mac Elite
May 27, 2005, 07:28 AM

Once someone is old enough to begin understanding attraction or whatever you want to call it, one begins to see to which sex they may be attracted to. According to every single gay friend of mine -- both men and women -- ALL of them flat-out state that they consciously decided to "become" gay when they.
Everybody gay person I have ever talked to (including a close relative) said that it was NOT a conscious choice, but a natural predisposition to be attracted to the same sex.

For some it was a long struggle to come out (not because they themselves thought something was wrong with them, but because the intolerant environment they had to endure made it rather impossible to be openly gay), for others it was a quite pleasant and natural experience, because they were being raised in a progressive and caring household and neighbourhood.

Being gay isn't considered a pathology in any western society any more, thus it isn't anything that needs to be changed, treated or cured. There have also been studies that point to certain genes that seem to play a role when it comes to developing gender identity and sexual preferences. It certainly isn't a clear cut, "black and white" topic.

Personally, I am glad to be living in a country where a large majority of the population is tolerant of many different forms of life styles and orientations. When people are at ease with who they it makes for a better social climate...

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Forum Links
Forum Rules