Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Good AppleCare experience in the UK.

Good AppleCare experience in the UK.
JKT
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2005, 01:08 PM

Just a FYI...

Although the bad thing about this story is that my second generation 15" AlPB (see sig) which isn't meant to suffer this problem developed the dreaded white spotting on its screen, I can say I have had a good experience with getting it fixed (i.e. LCD unit replaced) by AppleCare here in the UK.

I first asked about it being corrected at the Regent Street Apple Store a couple of months ago but I was told it would take three weeks (ugh!!) - I couldn't afford to be without my Mac for that long so I put it off being done until about a week ago. Anyway, I took it in again and was told that it would only take a week this time* which was the first pleasant surprise. In fact, it took less than that but as I was on holiday I couldn't go and collect it straight away. Anyhow, I now have it back and the second pleasant surprise was that the new screen has no defects at all - owing to sod's law I was half expecting a few dead pixels as my first screen didn't have any either So I am now one happy AppleCare customer.

* Apparently a new repair service centre has been opened somewhere in the UK which has reduced the delay in repairs significantly from when I first asked about it.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2005, 05:39 AM

you could always try Cancom they sometimes have shorter queues than Apple UK.

Forum Links
Forum Rules