Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Borat interviewed Cheney

Borat interviewed Cheney
Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 04:24 PM

Found this little gem on another board I frequent and thought I'd share.

Reminds me of the old Daily Show days, if more crude.

http://datelinehollywood.com/archive...h-dick-cheney/

According to sources close to Cohen, who also released an exclusive photo of the interview, Borat managed to interview Cheney recently during a visit to an Air and Army National Guard at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, Indiana. While there, the Vice President did a round of interviews with local media to talk about the Iraq war and the upcoming election. Cohen’s crew managed to land an interview for Borat by signing up as representatives of local TV affiliate KZKH.
Cheney is the first high ranking federal government official to fall for the ruse. White House officials are said to be outraged and are attempting to stop the special from broadcasting and also revoke Cohen’s visa and immediately deport him to the United Kingdom.
You can tell McCain is in an election year:
Asked for his reaction, Arizona Republican Senator John McCain, sought to place the blame for the embarrassing interview on Democrats, especially former President Bill Clinton.

“I would remind voters that Clinton and other Democrats critical of the Bush administration’s policies are trying to embarrass the White House and they have close connections to these Hollywood actor-comedian types,” the likely 2008 presidential candidate told Dateline Hollywood.
I do think this quote is gold, though:

Asked to comment, White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak.
Somehow everything has to do with terrorists.

BTW, kudos to Cheney for seeming to have rolled with the punches (though I guess the tape will really tell the tale).

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 04:32 PM

Erm…fake?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Dakar²  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 04:33 PM

Erg.. then I am a dumbass.

Dakar²  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2006, 04:34 PM

Apologies, lock and delete.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 23, 2006, 07:35 PM

That would have been too funny

Originally Posted by datelinehollywood.com
About Dateline Hollywood
Dateline Hollywood was founded in 360 BC as “Gladiators Weekly” to cover the booming entertainment industry in the coliseums of ancient Rome.
Hahaha

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 24, 2006, 01:57 PM

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar²

Asked for his reaction, Arizona Republican Senator John McCain, sought to place the blame for the embarrassing interview on Democrats, especially former President Bill Clinton.

“I would remind voters that Clinton and other Democrats critical of the Bush administration’s policies are trying to embarrass the White House and they have close connections to these Hollywood actor-comedian types,” the likely 2008 presidential candidate told Dateline Hollywood.

Whoa. That's pathetic. Never imagined McCain so cheap.

PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 24, 2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Powerbook View Post
Whoa. That's pathetic. Never imagined McCain so cheap.

PB.
PWNED !

-t

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 24, 2006, 06:36 PM

It's a joke thread. never happened.

Forum Links
Forum Rules