Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > So I Pulled the trigger! Bac with a Mac

So I Pulled the trigger! Bac with a Mac
Blizzake
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2006, 10:18 AM

After some recent posts and much thinking, im bac in a mac.

Last night in a terrible rain storm, i drove to my local authorized reseller / repair center aka some guys house, and picked up an c2d blackbook and bt mightmouse.

i figured there would be nothing better to do as it was miserable outside so i made the purchase. Needless to say i was up untill 3am playing around wtih this machine and my poor thinkpad was just sitting on the floor.

Currently i am at work and missing my new machine and I can not wait to go home and play around with it.

So far I love it! A few friends stopped by and were amazed with how it worked and how different from a pc it is.

Everything was flawless but i do have a slight wifi/security issue that im working on and i still need wmv so i can stream stern thru firefox, but it works fine in safari.

overall and i cant wait to go home!

peterauch21
Nov 17, 2006, 01:35 PM

heh congrats.. I know the feeling of using ones mac at home and then coming to work and using a windows machine.. What is even worse for me is that I work in a Windows Help desk.

Blizzake  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2006, 01:48 PM

wow, i just have to use it for work, but i do mortgages, not windows help desk

but im excited and cant wait to leave.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2006, 06:30 PM

Yeah ... Windows PC repair for me. All day I fix people's mistakes. It's depressing. I'll be AppleCare certified by December 8 though, so maybe I'll get to use Mac's at work AND at home

Congrats on your MacBook. I'm looking forward to the day I finally get mine.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

peterauch21
Nov 19, 2006, 06:31 PM

Dont get me wrong. I love my job. Just prefer the mac OS over windows ever since I got my macbook. It was my first mac and I dont think I'll be going back. Still a few things that I would like to happen on the mac side like more games and what not but no worries. Just give me more time to figure out all the other cool things that I can do with my new toy! If you havent downloaded iAlertu and messed with it you are missing out. My buddys were very impressed with how it worked.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by peterauch21 View Post
Dont get me wrong. I love my job. Just prefer the mac OS over windows ever since I got my macbook. It was my first mac and I dont think I'll be going back. Still a few things that I would like to happen on the mac side like more games and what not but no worries. Just give me more time to figure out all the other cool things that I can do with my new toy! If you havent downloaded iAlertu and messed with it you are missing out. My buddys were very impressed with how it worked.
I actually took a look at that app last night, after seeing it demoed on YouTube. Very cool. I can't wait to try it out on a supported computer.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

Forum Links
Forum Rules