Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Issues with 2nd gen Shuffle + iMac G5

Issues with 2nd gen Shuffle + iMac G5
Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 26, 2006, 05:29 PM

I bought my wife the 2nd gen Shuffle for X-Mas. She connected it yesterday to our Mac so she could load some songs. It told her to download the newest version of iTunes, 7 I believe. We had 6. OK, she does it, connects her Shuffle to it, and goes to load music. When she clicks on the Library of iTunes, it shuts down. She re-opens it, tries it again, it shuts down. She disconnects her Shuffle, creates a playlist, re-connects her Shuffle, and then loads the playlist on. I thought she might be doing something wrong, so then I try this morning. I get the same thing. What is going on? I am pretty sure that our Mac is running fine. iTunes works fine when my 30g video is hooked up, and when hers is hooked up. It works fine with no iPods hooked up. Just problems with her Shuffle.

BTW - new iTunes is very drab. Are there skins that you can load or download to juice it up a little?

Oh yeah, one last thing. Any advice?
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2006, 09:18 AM

I messed with this for almost 2 hours last night, searching online, doing the 5 R's, and I have come to a conclusion. The Shuffle is going back for an exchange. There is obviously something wrong with either it or the charging dock. Half the time, it does not show up in iTunes while it is clearly connected to the USB port. I even tried switching USB ports, restarting the computer, etc.

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 15, 2007, 12:09 AM

iPod has been exchanged, and it is still doing it. Now it does it with both of our 30gb Videos and her 2nd gen Shuffle. This is BS. I cannot find anything to fix this. I tried deleting iTunes and redownloading it. I cannot be the only person that is having this issue.

We are about to throw all three of the iPods into our back field and leave them there. This is so frustrating. I wish that I had never bought her this iPod, and that we NEVER upgraded our iTunes. When is the next version coming out? Can I backtrack to an older version of iTunes?

Forum Links
Forum Rules