Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Will you be in line for an iPhone on the 29th?

View Poll Results: Will you be in line for the iPhone on the 29th?
Poll Options:
Yes, from the very early hours of the day (or night prior). 2 votes (5.71%)
Yes, from about mid day (6 hours before open) 8 votes (22.86%)
Yes, from about 430pm (an hour or two before) 6 votes (17.14%)
no! 19 votes (54.29%)
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
Will you be in line for an iPhone on the 29th?
UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2007, 05:33 PM

Simple poll, to see among the mac diehards who will be there, and how early??
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2007, 05:57 PM

Assuming you meant the iPhone, I voted no. I'm open to the idea of getting one now, but only if I find that one of the numerous AT&T stores isn't being mobbed Friday. If they're all packed, then I'll wait a week or two for things to calm down.

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon View Post
Assuming you meant the iPhone, I voted no. I'm open to the idea of getting one now, but only if I find that one of the numerous AT&T stores isn't being mobbed Friday. If they're all packed, then I'll wait a week or two for things to calm down.
duh! I don't know what I put ipod there, hope it doesn't mess up the poll. Maybe a mod can edit the title?

I think a poll will give us a more visual indication of how long the lines might be than a thread where everyone just verbalized it.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
Apple user since 1981

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 27, 2007, 06:43 PM

Changed the title. And yes, I'll be there!

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2007, 09:15 PM

thanks icruise... this isn't getting the level of voting I had hoped, but it would appear there are two camps.. YES and No.. in that the no's almost number as much as all the yeses.

I for one will be there around 4pm as the heat in AZ will making waiting 6 hours not an option.

My only problem is that I want to sign up for two phones under a family plan for my wife and I and I'm thinking with their one phone per person policy they may not let me do that.. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is if I register both phones and and sign a contract there and then... I can see a problem if I walked in and grabbed to with the promise to register, but I plan on doing it on the spot.

Do you think they'll buy off on that? Or will I have to drag my wife down to the mess??
Apple user since 1981

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 27, 2007, 10:22 PM

I don't think it's even possible to register them right there, since it's all done through iTunes.

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by icruise View Post
I don't think it's even possible to register them right there, since it's all done through iTunes.
I called the store and asked if I "had" to register on-line thru itunes, or if I could do it in the store, and he said either. But then, I've gotten 3 different answers to every other questions I've asked about the iphone and the service plans so far, so what's to say this is true!

I'm just hoping the iPhone will work with the blue tooth on my new car which also has an ipod integration kit so I can kill two birds with one stone.
Apple user since 1981

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 27, 2007, 10:45 PM

All the people who voted no are liars.

solofx7
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2007, 11:13 PM

i know it might not be a god idea, but i am going to go to an apple store and try and get one in the afternoon.
if not i am going to start to shoot around to at&t places..
the main reasons i am going apple first is that it looks like they would be getting the most, or so i thikn.
any thoughts?

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 12:14 PM

Availability list at your local Apple stor Apple - iPhone at the Apple Store
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 12:21 PM

I am thinking it's going to be a shorter wait at the Apple store, because NO BODY can active or sign up for AT&T there, but at the AT&T store, they can buy the phone AND register on site, which can take some time.

I sure wish there were some media stories on this topic of how long the lines are expected to be. Surely they can make a poll for that?
Apple user since 1981

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by UnixMac View Post
I sure wish there were some media stories on this topic of how long the lines are expected to be. Surely they can make a poll for that?
Agreed, some polls would be helpful. All we have right now is speculation on the part of Apple and AT&T.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 PM

I think the lines will be drastically different in different areas. I for one cannot gage how its going to be in my area. I've tried and tried, but can't get a good estimate. I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow and hope that things aren't ridiculous.
( Last edited by ::maroma::; Jun 28, 2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Mispelled word.)

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 01:02 PM

I'm going to drive by my AT&T store (there are 2 corporates within 5 miles) and see if there are any lines. I'm in the same position, maroma, I have no idea whether there will be a line around the block or just me and some other dude there. Hard to say, because it looks like it could go either way. But either way I'm getting in line at 4 at the earliest and getting my iPhone tomorrow (I'm not even going to bother with the Apple store, there is only one about 25 miles away and it is so centrally located, I'm sure it is going to be a zoo).

Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2007, 01:10 PM

Luckily we have 3 Apple Stores within about 15 miles from each other. We also have a lot of AT&T stores that will be selling them. So I'm hoping that those factors make it so I can get one. I don't really care where I get it from, as long as I get one tomorrow!

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 01:19 PM

There are a few AT&T stores in the Phoenix area, but I'm going to hit the one in Sun City where the average demographic is over 60, not into the latest gizmo, etc.. The dumb thing for me would be to go to the Scottsdale stoers where the average demographic is 30ish, rich, and spendy.
Apple user since 1981

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 01:35 PM

My worst nightmare is going to the store, waiting and line and then being told they have no more, then going home and ordering from apple online, and seeing alllll of the people saying OMG I GOT MY IPHONE!!!!! meanwhile I have nothing. Mannn would that suck...

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
My worst nightmare is going to the store, waiting and line and then being told they have no more, then going home and ordering from apple online, and seeing alllll of the people saying OMG I GOT MY IPHONE!!!!! meanwhile I have nothing. Mannn would that suck...
that's your worst fear? what about getting the last iphone, and walking outside to a guy weilding a bat?

or getting an iphone, going home and opening the box to find someone screwed you from the factory or distributions somwhere and put a rock in there?

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 03:12 PM

Will I be in line for an iPhone? Sure, hopefully no later than December.

Have fun

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by chipchen View Post
that's your worst fear? what about getting the last iphone, and walking outside to a guy weilding a bat?

or getting an iphone, going home and opening the box to find someone screwed you from the factory or distributions somwhere and put a rock in there?
Okay you got me, I have a few greater fears, but that's among the top couple hundred?

Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2007, 04:09 PM

Oh man, if I am lucky enough to snag one tomorrow, and I go home and open it and find out its defective right out of the box, I'm just going to cry like a little girl.

I'm trying not to think about it. Getting a little choked up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules